UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Bed Recommendations Please

KathyM

I can't bear to keep the sofa that Dharma and Seth shared, so I'm looking to buy another dog bed. I need it to be big enough for Dharma (bullmastiff), hoseproof and not a duvet type as she squishes them completely flat and thin within a couple of weeks. Ideally either orthopaedic/memory foam, mattress or beanbag, and seriously thick - 5"+ (but the thicker the better).

I have the link for K9 Couches that I like, but thought I'd get some comparisons. Was a bit disappointed that their XL pink bed isn't available in pink lol, but I should get a more neutral one anyway. Would also like to see if I can get one with sides (that's not imperative, just as a comparison). Can't really break the bank but quality more important than price. I've looked on ebay and the only one I liked for her was an XXL and too small lol!

Any help or advice much appreciated!

A few months ago I bought Spud one of these bazbag, I got the kids size as he's just a Staffie but I've linked you to the adults size, they are brilliant, really tough outer covering, loads of beans, so many that I had to take some out to make it squishier for Spud, and its waterproof and stain resistent, and I had mine in three days so really fast delivery too. Spud is terrible for digging his beds and making a right mess but theres not a mark on his BazBag, I also love the colours, really bright, I bought the red one.

:laugh: Just had a look at at K9 Couches, and their beanbag bed is by the same people as the BazBag, looks like its the same construction only the hooman one is £2 cheaper, and you will be able to get the hooman one in pink :biggrin:

Thanks ever so much Celeste, I'll have a look at them! Do they have removable/spare covers available do you know? The K9 Couch has removable covers but I can't find a listing for spares.

I can't find any listing for spares either, the inner is stiched into the outer, when you open the bag up there is another fabric material with another zip in to fiddle about with the beans, but unless there's an incontinance issue I can't see that you'd need to take the cover off to wash it, a quick wipe gets of muck and mud.

I'd love a Tuffies bed, but the price ! ouch.

Not sure if they do quite what you are looking for, but I recommend the Kudos pet beds: http://www.kudospetproducts.co.uk/ We have an easy mattress and easy beds.

They will make to suit your requirements too, so they can quote for something different than on the site if you have something in mind. Very nice people.

If anyone does order one, please mention Oldies Club when doing so as we will then receive a donation from Kudos :)

Thank you all so much for the recommendations. I was all for buying one of the K9 couches or a Kudos one, but Baz has picked up a Danish Designs one for a lot less, which made sense I spose! Thanks anyway because I know who to recommend to others now too. :flowers: