UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Birth Presents

fee4

my absolutely wonderful neighbour following several years of IVF trauma/surgery/emotional battering is due to have her first child-a girl in November..

i would like to buy them something to celebrate the arrival of this dearly wanted child-i was vaguely thinking of a rose bush/scented plant for the garden.

But then thought-if id just had a kid-would i prefer alcohol, baby stuff-or even a massage?

they are very much homely people-who are so thoughtful & lovely to everyone else-id like to get them something special-but as I am not family-i dont want to be interfering-if that makes sense!

so -any ideas my little fugee friends??

fee

as well as a baby present I always buy a mums night off kit which includes nice bath stuff, small bottle of wine, candles, eye mask and cd :)

Excellent idea, I was going to suggest some lovely bath stuff for mum as well as a present for the baby on the other hand a beautiful plant that will grow with the baby is also a lovely idea.

Edited by Nettie

I love the idea of a gift of something that will grow along with this much wanted child.

As I was working when most of my friends had their babies, I started a portfolio of shares for them or a saving account.

If any were to give birth now (apart from being a miracle :laugh: ) I would certainly buy something that would grow.