UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Collie Left In A Flat

Judith gsd

I was notified about this poor dog a few days ago, the dog is howling at night because he is lonely.

I took Bella with me to "suss" him out. He immediately dropped to the floor if she got too close. His owner told him no to be so silly etcetera, and gradually we were able to get closer to them. At one point I walked her towards the dog's flat he had "a go", I feel he would soon improve with other dogs in his own time.

The owner says he is fine with children, don't know about cats, as he has none. He seems great with people, and the dog likes to go and sit with the older folk outside the flats when he gets the chance.

He is fed on Bakers he has never seen a vet (luckily appears in reasonable health), never had a vaccination, and is of course, unneutered. He is aged about 9-10 years, and the present owner has had him for 7 of those years.

I have been asked to try and help with finding him a new home, as the present owner does pop in to walk and feed him a couple of times a day, and clearly seems to like the dog (up to a point). The owner is now living with his ladyfriend who is wheelchair bound and has 2 over friendly Jack Russels, and the other collie dog cannot cope with them.

I have suggested a crate, but I think in his head, his decision to rehome him is easier. :(

Any suggestions for this poor dog, who has a lot of life left in him would be very welcome.

img_3519708.jpg.xs.jpg

img_3520243.jpg.xs.jpg

img_3522765.jpg.xs.jpg

img_3527596.jpg.xs.jpg

img_3528917.jpg.xs.jpg

Sorry, couldn't get all pics due to the image hosting site being down.

• 1 month later...
Have you tried Gill White Border Collie Rescue nr Reading? I know she is busy (aren't we all!) but she may be able to squeeze him in somewhere.

D

Bless you for suggesting Gill, I telephoned her yesterday (as soon as I saw the post above), and she said if he is neutered before, she would take him!

Thank yo so much for your suggestion, I will need to see if there is any transport going down towards Gill, Binfield, Berkshire, RG42.

I am taking him for his operation on Tuesday morning. :flowers:

Rocky has had his operation, and was quite a good boy, he has to go for a check up in a day or so. The stitches are the sort that dissolve, so it shouldn't be long before he is ready to start a new life!

All we need to do now is work out when and how to get him down to the rescue lady! :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

I handed this dog over to a local rescue yesterday, he is going into foster (a house with 10 acres) for a while, until a forever home can be found for him. That will be better than his first life living in a shed, then a flat and now a new start. I was met with a farewell committee (the neighbours who had before been disturbed by his howling, and were keen to see him move on from that awful situation), they shed a tear as he was about to be signed over. :mecry:

But now it is onwards and upwards for him, and I would love him to be in a new home for Christmas. :rolleyes: