UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Waitrose - Community Matters

Peachy

Waitrose have recently launched Community Matters in all of their stores. For the duration of this scheme, which is thought to last a year (currently in the second month), each store will donate £1000 a month among the selected charities.

I thought I'd share this with everyone because it seems like a fantastic way to raise awareness of Oldies Club and potentially raise some much needed funds.

How it works

As customers, we can all pick up a form in a local store. We nominate a charity we would like to see benefit from the scheme and hand it into the Welcome Desk.

Each month staff will vote on the charities they would like to see benefit in their store. The top three are then chosen.

A clear plastic ballot box is placed in the store for each of the three charities with a profile on each one. When you shop, you are given a green token. You put the token(s) in the box of your choice.

The money is then distributed between the three charities according to the percentage of tokens received.

I have nominated Oldies Club in my local store this month. There seems to be no limit on the number of times you can nominate so, in theory, I could nominate OC each month for the duration of the scheme.

Fingers crossed that we might be selected at a store somewhere across the country with the help of our supporters :flowers: