UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Who Went To The Wiccaweys Show?

Mrs B

Big thanks to the Squirrels for jumping in and helping with the judging when the lovely Nick Mays had to cancel at short notice because of a family crisis. And to Helly too - although she refused to judge the kiddies! LOL!

Squirrel judging involved them crying a lot!

A few random pics:

Jessica, our BIS winner with her mum and dale, Karen and Dale.

bis.jpg

The fancy dress winners, Dalek Isacc, Dalek Noah and Davros Sam Squirrel

dalek02.jpg

Blocking the escape exit to the TARDIS

dalek01.jpg

Dee and Isacc receiving SuperSheppy's Wiccaweys yearly special award - Sheppy crossed the bridge a couple of months ago - not a dry eye round the ring at this point :mecry:

dee01.jpg

Whizzie and her mike!

liz.jpg

Some mad bag lady Agility judge Patch with Sam Squirrel - Patch judged the agility in the mud and rain wearing pyjamas and a bright pink dressing gown! She raised an extra £20 doing so! :flowers:

patch.jpg

I think some dogs were very pleased to see Paul again!

paul.jpg

Mark Squirrel judging the snoggiest dog class!

squirrel01.jpg

squirrel02.jpg

squirrel03.jpg

"I'm sorry, I don't kiss strange squirrels!"

squirrel06.jpg

"Please don't make me kiss him!"

squirrel05.jpg

:wub: is that mogs Farahdog? :wub:

It is indeed a Mog Farahdog.

However many years ago, Farah nearly had the misfortune to come on foster to us ................. but Tigger took one look at her and decided to dissuade us by puting her pretty little head in his great big mouth!

Having never fostered, we ran a mile at this point, and left Farah in the safe keeping of Wiccaweys where she was speedily snaffled by Morag - which was wonderful.

So what was equally wonderful this weekend, was Tigger spying Farah and going "oh, a pretty girlie - I like her, will she play with me if I sniff her bottom .................?" As you do!

Farah seemed to bear him no ill-will!

It was good to meet one or two Fugees at the Show – no doubt there were more there than I met, but they were probably in hiding from me (for reasons which will become apparent :rolleyes: ).

The weather was wonderfully kind. I was sending messages back to the front on Saturday – saying “it really, truly, honestly is NOT raining here – please come†– although I did hope that no-one was going to turn up in sandals and white trousers! Back home no-one can quite believe that we really didn’t have storms all weekend – Grandad Bryn, you did us proud.

My camping knowledge was severely put to the test by a Squiggs Tent, complete with hefty instruction manual (one diagram 1 cm x 2 cm in size!) which was required for the protection of Squiggs and Noah. Now I know why Mark is not always MR HLGS. As far as tents were concerned, I couldn’t quite see why the Squirrels couldn’t have stuck with the good old fashioned ridge tent with wooden poles – now that I CAN do!

Duties for me including “persuading†folks to part with cash in return for raffle tickets – to which end I was notable for making a complete prat of myself charging up to folks for the fifth time saying “would you like to buy a raffle ticket?â€, and have to admit that by the end of Sunday, I was almost certainly talking complete gibberish and probably sold Mr B a few raffle tickets in my sleep Sunday night. :unsure: The donations from the Wiccaweys supporters for the Raffle prizes were absolutely amazingly wonderfully generous. Hamper after hamper appeared on the table, and then the second table, and then on a bench. I regret not having a photograph of all the prizes. Needless to say, as usual, I won nothing! (But I know one or two who did).

Serious apologies to Helly-Di. As I was trying to actually spend some of MY money for a change, standing for the fifth time at the DogStar stall hoping that I wouldn’t have to dash off anywhere this time before actually choosing from the goodies, and hoping that they wouldn’t actually finish packing up before I’d done so, they called Best Wiccaweys Boy class, which Tigger was entered in. I can’t grovel enough for the language I used in front of you Di, I’m sure you’d never heard the likes before, and can’t apologise enough. And the sight of me running to fetch Tigger was probably also an unfortunate one. :laugh: However, the Squiggs did give Tigger a very pretty yellow rosette, and he does think that yellow suits him.

And returning to the stall, not only did Daisy get a super dog toy, which she found on Monday morning and ran around the house killing and loves, but I am STILL trying to work out how I could win the only cookery book on the stall!

And my special Tigger and Daisy made my weekend. To some they may not be the best behaved dogs in the world, but I love them to bits for just what they are. Even last year, Tigger was still capable of snaffling a dog’s nose or several in moments of stressfulness, jealousy or just because they were there, but this year passed with all noses intact – and it’s a reminder to me that year on year he is changing. And I think that a few folks had Tigger’s muddy paw prints on their tummy, to prove that he no longer thinks that people are scary – he just wants to meet EVERYONE (‘cept scary Paul and scary Mr Squiggs). And Daisy managed to keep her sniping to herself, although she was visibly relieved every time we headed back to the safety of the van. And, I missed her doing it, but she went off to have a go on the agility, and was a very happy little girlie.

I was however, most miffed not to win the Most Spectacular Mud Slide Award of the weekend. I had two entries in this competition, both of them viewed by a great many spectators, and not even a sniff of a prize. Next time I’ll stay on my feet!

Looks like everyone had a great day despite the conditions.

Tigger :bigiloveyou: :bigloveglass:

He still hopes to meet you one day Mags.

Serious apologies to Helly-Di. As I was trying to actually spend some of MY money for a change, standing for the fifth time at the DogStar stall hoping that I wouldn’t have to dash off anywhere this time before actually choosing from the goodies, and hoping that they wouldn’t actually finish packing up before I’d done so, they called Best Wiccaweys Boy class, which Tigger was entered in. I can’t grovel enough for the language I used in front of you Di, I’m sure you’d never heard the likes before, and can’t apologise enough. And the sight of me running to fetch Tigger was probably also an unfortunate one. :laugh: However, the Squiggs did give Tigger a very pretty yellow rosette, and he does think that yellow suits him.

I think Ive heard worse and used far worse on many an occasion :laugh: watching you trying to run in wellies in sludgy mud was a deffinate highlight though. I was impressed you didnt go A over T on that occasion too :laugh:

Looks and sounds as though you had a wonderful weekend :flowers: I am loving the photo of Paul covered in happy muddy paw prints :biggrin:

I am laughing muchly at someone apologising to Di for language used :laugh: (sorry Di!).

Farah's beautiful - and Tigger is just :wub: :wub: :wub:

<Another member of the Tigger fan club :wub: )