UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Did Your Dog Smell Right?

yena

We often go on about our dogs and now they smell. Do you thing that if they smell right, they are right???? The reason why I ask is when I got Dilys, I thought I'll know if she's right for us, I just have to smell her. So when I collected her, I put me nose to her beautiful little head and took a long sniff, and she smelt just right :flowers: So is it just me or does everybody do the same. :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :unsure: Nope you are alone!!!

I know my dogs smells, and know if they don't smell like themselves (ie when Tiz needs her glands doing... :huh: ) but I can't say it's something I thought about when I got them!! Might explain why Cooper stayed out of all the other fosters..could be his stink co-ordinated with the others!!! :laugh: :wink:

Puppies smell wonderful. I can't say I chose my dogs because of their smell but I can see how smell might draw you to a particular puppy. Mothers and babies quickly learn to identify each other through scent.

I thoroughly agree that paws smell wonderful too :)

Can't say that smell was a consideration when chosing our dogs... :biggrin: . Two of them were chosen based on a picture and descriptions from the rescue (Dylan and Flash, saluki lurchers), one of them was chosen by breed and description of the rescue (Troy, pyrenees) and one of them was chosen by breed and colour... :unsure: (Jesse, American cocker).

Vera

My Breagh and Buddy were chosen because I

just love Rotties and wanted to rescue them

and My third one Angel who we thought was a

Dobe was brought into a rescue and we always

said we would like another one after Al left for

the bridge 2 years in Dec. but the way madam

is gainning weight we think she may turn into

a Rotti after all but with me it's tempriment

that counts and Black and Tan of course.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Erm no. :laugh:

I've taken one in from a pound on his pts day. 3 have been sent on foster and I've ended up keeping them.

Tess my Yorkie ran up to my dad and he brought her home to me. She was mine from the start but I couldn't go collect her so he went for me. Any he had have brought home would have stayed. She latched onto me like a limpit as soon as our eyes met. I'll never forget that.

The other I thought was boring when I met him. How little did I know. :rolleyes: It was him or his sister and as his sis was a pup and I already had one of those naughty critters at home we said we would take him in.

The pup I got as there were 2 left and the other one was trying to drag Tess around everywhere. So we brought Bracken home who had decided my lap was good for a snuggle the moment he set eyes on me.

I do like the smell of some of their feet. Fergus is a smelly beast. Bracken doesn't smell much. Scooby has the lovely foot smell.