UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

I Need To Share

ClazUK

I swear on my life/my dogs lives this was a genuine call taken by a colleague at work this evening.

The caller explained she wanted to complain about a man who came to do her cavity wall insulation.

Nav explained Energywatch are the watchdog for gas and electricity and, as such, we couldn't help with insulation problems.

The lady calling was obviously going to have her moan anyway, and this is her complaint:

A man came round to do a survey on her house for grant-subsidised cavity wall insulation.

As (I quote) "a gesture of good will" the lady gave him a tea cosy :wacko:

The man then called her later to say her house wasn't suitable for the type of insulation his company provided.

She wanted him prosecuted for theft of her tea cosy as he got it under false pretences.

Nav, bless him, kept a straight face and told her it was a civil matter and suggested she spoke to the CAB, a lawyer or the Police.

She then went on to complain that Energywatch weren't capable of dealing with real complaints like hers.

:rolleyes: Barking :laugh:

I have to say that I'm mightily offended by you all questioning this dear lady's sanity! :angry:

I understand her reasoning entirely.........

She was simply sharing (possibly) the only form of insulation she had available to her

in gratitude that someone was offering something better.

If she isn't going to get the improved version, then of course she will need her tea cosy back......

how else will she keep warm during the coming months? :unsure:

:laugh: I remember many years ago when i was working in Safeways serving a woman who bought a packet of soup, she said that the price was wrong, i called my supervisor over, who checked the price and said it was correct, the lady customer said, yes but i only use half the packet, therefore i should only pay half the price. :rolleyes:

I have to say that I'm mightily offended by you all questioning this dear lady's sanity! :angry:

I understand her reasoning entirely.........

She was simply sharing (possibly) the only form of insulation she had available to her

in gratitude that someone was offering something better.

If she isn't going to get the improved version, then of course she will need her tea cosy back......

how else will she keep warm during the coming months? :unsure:

So very true. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I've had a couple of corkers in my few months at a waste management company.

1) The lady who stood infront of the dustbin lorry because the guys wouldn't take the excess rubbish she'd produced, then complained because they were sitting in the cab laughing at her......

2) The lady who phoned and asked if she could use a barrel marked 'chemical waste' to ship food to her family. She couldn't accept that the plastic may have absorbed any amount of harmful chemicals and surely it would be alright if she washed it out?

3) The call for the disposal of a large qty of fruit juice in cartons as it had been contaminated. We needed to know what it had been contaminated with, as obviously that affects how it can be dispposed of. Very reluctantly we were told 'immigrants' - apparently they'd hitched a 4 day lift on the vehicle, and the inevitable toilet non stops had taken their toll on the cargo...... :who-let-rip: