UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Dog Or B1tch

yena

Dog or B1tch  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know a lot of people like to have dogs and others like to have b1tches. Which one do you like? Does it make a difference if you are a man or a woman?

I've always been fond of girl dogs, OH is a man dog person. Out of all the dogs we've had 3 have been male and 5 have been female. But, even OH is changing his mind, he says it's all the weeing the male dogs do that's making him change. If Benji wee's Morgan has to wee in the same place two seconds later. Taking them out for a walk, I just can't believe how much wee they've got :ohmy: and now OH is walking them because I'm walking Tillee, he just can't cope with all the stopping and the weeing and weeing and weeing. :biggrin: :biggrin:

What are your reason for picking a certain s3x?

Edited by yena

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sex has never come into it - just know when I meet the doglet whether he or she is right, regardless of whether I am actually looking for one or not.

Ben was an only dog until he was about 12, when Emily joined us.... When Ben died she was an only dog until Jake joined us but from that time (1994) until Lucy died a couple of weeks ago there has always been a mix of male and female. Now they are all male, and I have to relearn my "alright boys and girls?" - got as far as "alright boys and g....." no doubt I will just get used to "alright boys?" when a bitch needing a home who has that special spark will come along

I don't think I have any preference. The dogs I have lived with went girl->boy->girl->boy.

The 2 girls (corgi x collie and greyhound) could not be more different, and the 2 boys (collie x lab and lurchery fing) have also been totally different to each other in every possible way.

Ask me again in another 30 years, I may have had enough dogs by then to be able to spot resemblences between the sexes!

Growing up we always had dogs, and to be totally honest I only got Tiz because at the time Cromwell was completely dog unfriendly so I had to have a bitch or nothing. I won't ever have another one unless fate steps in of course!! :laugh: I've not met many bitches I take to but rarely met a male dog I don't like. I never wanted a female horse either and don't really gel with them. :rolleyes: :laugh: And I only got Cosmic Cat because she was the only one left in the litter at the rescue....I waited 15 years to get the cat of my dreams (big black & male...omg how fraudian is that!!! :laugh: )

I'm male. Currently own 1 male dog. Previous dogs include another male and 2 females.

It makes no difference to me whatsoever what gender my pets are. I currently have a male greyhound, he was "chosen" because he was the only dog in the rescue whose needs I could meet when I went looking.

If I were to get a second dog, I'd look again at what sort of home I could offer and narrow my choice down that way again. If by some chance there was a male and a female, and all else was equal, I'd probably get a female, but only because I already have a male in my home. Kind of a "balance" thing. It's way down the list wrt importance though.

It really isn't that important to me though. Whether the dog is male or female, they're equally deserving of a good home.

I have had 5 cats. 3 male and 2 female. I found male cats dirtier in the house. The females seems to have far more common sense as well. They were all some type of siamese cross so I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Would only ever have female cats now as well.

I'm female and voted "any".

We currently have both. I grew up with bitches and my first rescue of my own was a bitch, but we went to the rescue centre looking for the most suitable dog and were open to either. When we wanted a second, I decided to look for a male as I thought one of each would be good.

I don't think I can judge either sex on any of the dogs I've had as they have been various breeds and crosses and had different starts in life. None of them have put me off having either a dog or bitch again though.

The stuff about males not being affectionate (something I was told years ago) is rubbish, my boys are complete cuddle monsters. I've found girls will pee on top of other dogs' pee too.

The stuff about males not being affectionate (something I was told years ago) is rubbish, my boys are complete cuddle monsters. I've found girls will pee on top of other dogs' pee too.

:laugh: I've never heard that about males!!! I'm usually hidden under a pile of my 3 male dogs most evenings so that definately doesn't apply in my case!!! And yes Tiz marks after the boys have pee'd as well!! :rolleyes: