UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Help - 2nd Interview

janeddie

Any advice or thoughts guys?

Applied for a PA job with the NHS Teaching Trust and got shortlisted for first interview, which was a "normal" interview and then had to put together a Powerpoint presentation using microsoft applications - o.k. panicked a bit at first (not done a test since leaving school and now in 40's) but when I got there it was really simple and totally idiot proof :laugh:

Received an e-mail yesterday for a 2nd interview (Thursday) - "will be required to take minutes of a meeting for 1 hour" - help I have never been for a interview, which entailed taking minutes - anyone know how it is done???? You could choose either a morning or afternoon session. I presume there will be a few of us in each session but wondered whether they will "stage" a meeting or if it is all pre-done?

Starting to a panic a bit now and wondering whether to "drop out" :wacko:

Just to add it is a PA position to the Board and no medical experience required!

Help ................

Jan

Edited by janeddie

Don't drop out - it is all valuable experience :flowers: are you used to taking minutes? If so it's just another meeting with different terms. If not minute taking is all about recording decisions and key points rather than a verbatem script of what was actually said. Have a google for NHS meetings or other public sector bodies and you may find some examples of how it's done.

Good luck - go for it girl :laugh: :GroupHug:

Don't drop out - it is all valuable experience :flowers: are you used to taking minutes? If so it's just another meeting with different terms. If not minute taking is all about recording decisions and key points rather than a verbatem script of what was actually said. Have a google for NHS meetings or other public sector bodies and you may find some examples of how it's done.

Good luck - go for it girl :laugh: :GroupHug:

Hadn't taken minutes for many years but have been temping at the Council since May and have taken minutes for the Group Meetings, which were not half as bad as I had thought!! Have been "taking down" the GMTV news now for half an hour!!!

Off to see my best mate "Mr Google" now - thanks :laugh:

Dont drop out, take a deep breath and believe in yourself :rolleyes:

Ive just got home from a full day interview at an NHS Teaching Trust- it's been nerve wrecking, but when my last interview was finished i was all happy again- now i just have the agonising wait to see how i did, which could be around 2 weeks, but all in all i survived :)

I wish you the best of luck :flowers:

Dont drop out, take a deep breath and believe in yourself :rolleyes:

Ive just got home from a full day interview at an NHS Teaching Trust- it's been nerve wrecking, but when my last interview was finished i was all happy again- now i just have the agonising wait to see how i did, which could be around 2 weeks, but all in all i survived :)

I wish you the best of luck :flowers:

Good luck to you too! A whole day's interview - bloody hell and I am panicking at an hour and a half! Mind you at the first interview they were really nice and the test was pretty simple, although I had got in in my mind it would be really hard!!

I rarely take minutes, but I have to read a lot of them (mostly board minutes) for my job...

This is how they usually look:

Put the details of the meeting (e.g. board meeting), the date and the location at the top.

Then have a list of attendees and apologies.

Then updates on items from the last meeting, and whether everyone has agreed that the minutes from the last meeting were accurate.

Then the key issues discussed under headings listed in the agenda, as a list of points plus who it has been agreed will action any of them.

Any other business is summarised at the end.

The date of the next meeting is usually also included at the end.

Often the initials of each person present are included in brackets by their name in the list of attendees, and each person is then referred to by their initials throughout, which saves time by not having to write names out a lot of times.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for all your replies :)

My chappies at work have a Team Meeting today so I have told them I will be in attendance (whether they want me or not), armed with my notepad and sharp pencil - I have also told them they have to speak exceptionally clear and very slowwwwwwwwly :laugh:

Willl update tomorrow night after my NHS Teaching Trust interview experience!!

Jan

Had second interview this morning; was as bad as I feared although I got through it and managed to take the minutes of the meeting and type it all out. Actual interview, I thought, went really well and felt quite confident although have just had a call to say I didn't get the job :mecry:

Absolutely pi**ed off, will I ever get a "proper" job again!

Sitting here at my "temp" job with the tears filling up - I give up!

Jane - your name was not on that job - there is one with your name on and it is just around the corner.

Please dry your tears - the interviews you attended will stand you in good stead.

Here is a :GroupHug: and as I don;t want to get wet - dry your tears please.

Edited by Kathyw

Had second interview this morning; was as bad as I feared although I got through it and managed to take the minutes of the meeting and type it all out. Actual interview, I thought, went really well and felt quite confident although have just had a call to say I didn't get the job :mecry:

Absolutely pi**ed off, will I ever get a "proper" job again!

Sitting here at my "temp" job with the tears filling up - I give up!

Aw Jane, sorry you didn't get it but please don't give up :GroupHug: There WILL be the right job out there for you and you'll breeze through the interview with confidence

You didn't want to be typing up their minutes anyway :flowers:

What are you *qualified* to do and what are you doing now?

...and are you applying for lots of jobs or just specific ones that you see??

Questions questions.....

There is a job out there for you, and don't be too down about your temp job my temp jobs held me in good stead for a permanent role.....

:GroupHug:

Jane - your name was not on that job - there is one with your name on and it is just around the corner.

Please dry your tears - the interviews you attended will stand you in good stead.

Here is a :GroupHug: and as I don;t want to get wet - dry your tears please.

Agree totally with what Kathyw said. It wasn't meant to be. Things happen cause there meant to happen.

If you are particulalry looking for NHS Jobs have you had a look at www.job.nhs.uk

You might find the job with your name on it there :flowers: Once registered, you will be notified by email of any new vacancies posted.