UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Healing Thoughts For Florrie Please

boosboss

Thanks everyone for all your kind thoughts for my lovely girl. She was poorly in the night again - very similar - shaking and very immobile :( . However, she has rallied again and is almost mobile on her own with a little bit of support. Her eyes aren't flickering so much. I've spent the afternoon in the dog bed with her :) I spoke to the vet earlier and she is now pretty convinced that it is geriatric vestibular disease which as I understand it, has a pretty good prognosis. Jacobean, if you know anything about this or have any advice would be very grateful as I haven't heard of it before. She's resting on her bed all the time but late this pm got up when someone came to the front door. We've got the fan on her and trying to keep everything quiet.

She's such a loving girl and had a terrible start in life, survived bloat twice, had both crutiates done :wacko: . I can't bear the thought of her being poorly. I just want to put her lead on and go to the park and for things to be normal again :mecry:

Thank you all so much for your kindness - you all know what it's like when they're ill.

Love, Maggie.

Bud was 12 or 13 when he had Vestibular Syndrome.... as you have said the eyes roll, the sense of balance is way out etc.... He recovered after a couple of days - and being Bud made a full recovery rather than the expected aftermath of the slight head tilt. He was on vivitonin for this for the rest of his life and never had another episode.

Just give her a bit of time and be there for her as it must be very confusing.

Just a little update - Florrie (touchwood) is doing really well. She still has a head tilt and is a little wobbly but is getting around so much better. In fact to my horror, she just leapt onto the settee :) which is her favourite place. And like any good retriever....she never lost her appetite and is devouring anything put in front of her :) . Friday morning was an utter nightmare....we thought we were losing her....I can hardly believe she has done so well.

Buddyboy, should I ask my vet about Vivitonin?....not heard of it I don't think.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Love from Maggie and Florrie :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

So pleased to hear she's doing so well. There is a possibility she won't need treatment but worth discussing with your vet. There is a strong likelihood she may never have another episode but at least you will know next time if she does bless her. I so know how you feel. When Issie collapsed it was out of nowhere and she had been so chipper. My hubby rushed her to the vets and I thought she was either going to die on the way there or be pts. It really is a shock when it happens. She did regain full activity. It took her a while to realise she was ok and knocked her confidence but once she realised she was great. Your girl sounds better in that way if she's jumping onto furniture. Issie was a sensitive soul as she was a Spinone. I keep thinking of your lovely girl and wish her a good recovery. :GroupHug: If you need to ask specific questions feel free to send me a pm on here. She's showing good signs.

Edited by Jacobean

Pleased to hear she a lot better. Milly had two of these within a week, the first one wasn't as bad as the second. She had a problem trying to get upstairs and going through doors. However, within weeks she was back to normal, and was ruling the roost again in no time. :rolleyes: