UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

New Tv Programme

Judith gsd

I think people need to give the officers who seized the dog a break to be honest.

The information they were given is that a known drug dealer had a trained aggressive dog that he used as protection. It's not exactly the kind of situation where you will go in with some liver cake and a clicker! They had to consider the safety of all the officers in attendance as well as the safety of any member of the public in and around the flat. It seemed a fairly sensible way to be dealing with a threat to be honest, they used a fire extinguisher to scare off the dog and then shut it into a room. They told the riot officers to have their shields up in case the dog came at them when they entered the room. Then they chose to have the dog on a harness and lead to take it down to the vans.

The dog may or may not be type, it looked more staffy to me, but then we all know that the description of pit bull type could be applied to a labrador so I'm not sure what the police are supposed to do really. I don't think it is preferable for a known drug dealer to have and use a dog (of any breed) to be aggressive to people and use it as protection.

I was annoyed at the programme too for the comments about Pit bulls - but I blame the programme makers not the police officers, they weren't the ones doing the voice over and showing videos of pit bull types attacking.

So having a whole heap of what appeared to be armed response police in the middle of the night was preferable to one or two knocking the door and asking to see the dog ?

If he is a drug dealer he would have shown them very quickly rather than risk getting raided.

I enjoyed watching the dogs work whom showed themselves to be professional but found the officers showed themselves in possibly not the best light.

So having a whole heap of what appeared to be armed response police in the middle of the night was preferable to one or two knocking the door and asking to see the dog ?

Yeah I do think it preferable. I don't beleive a drug dealer would be happy at all to be speaking to the police on his own doorstep, and I would think it is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make that someone who is prepared to use a dog as a weapon would also be prepared to use other weapons.

I was annoyed at the programme too for the comments about Pit bulls - but I blame the programme makers not the police officers, they weren't the ones doing the voice over and showing videos of pit bull types attacking.

I thought the police handled the situation as well as they could really. The obviosly weren't out ot hurt the dog, or they could quite easily have done so.

I like watching the sheps and especially the mals. The little springer was sooo good at his job, just not my type of dog, but oh boy did his little bum wiggle when he found drugs! My fave was when he took her to the cashpoint machine though :laugh: clever little bugger!

I think the last comment by the presenter about pit bulls being one of the most dangerous dogs in the world has just put me totally off this series. surely they spoke to dog people when filming it??!!

There were a lot of rude words said here when the commentator came out with that old line. When the dog came out on it's harness wagging it's tail it look really dangerous. The whiplash on your legs could be appalling.

Yeah I do think it preferable. I don't beleive a drug dealer would be happy at all to be speaking to the police on his own doorstep, and I would think it is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make that someone who is prepared to use a dog as a weapon would also be prepared to use other weapons.

They did say earlier that the guy was know to be armed at certain times. I think that the police dealt with the situation as carefully as possible.

I was under the impression that the raid was aimed at busting the man who was a drug dealer rather than to get the dog :unsure: . It did worry me that the policeman said he was anxious at the thought of entering a property where a Pit was, but to be fair I can't really blame him either, it just struck me as a possible reason for going OTT when entering such a property, but once the dog had been scared off I thought the police were very nice to the dog, when he put the dog in the back of the van he encouraged it up with a pleasant voice.

If he is a drug dealer he would have shown them very quickly rather than risk getting raided.

I enjoyed watching the dogs work whom showed themselves to be professional but found the officers showed themselves in possibly not the best light.

Sounds reasonable until you realise that any and all drugs would have been disposed of before answering the door??

I nearly posted last night. But it would have been an angry rant. So I sky plus'ed it and have just watched this part again and just to clear up an earlier post. PC Toza was talking generally about the breed and said "it is a trained fighting dog" to the riot officers he actually said "we want shields in case it comes out cos it is going to fight" It doesn't say that "this know drug dealer uses his dog for a weapon" however they do say HE is known to be violent against police officers and has been in the past. the dog was seized on suspicion of possession of a section 1 dog namely a pit bull type.

The commentator immediately raises the drama of this raid by saying the drug dealer has a dangerous pit bull, the reason why I never watch police programs because they also seem to mention how they are chasing a dangerous fugitive with very often turns out to be an 11 year old riding his bike on the path

I am still wondering why the need to show 2 "pit bulls or types" attacking a GSD when I thought it was about police dogs. I can only think to raise the profile again of this so called "most dangerous breed of dog know to man."

I think PC Revill spoke some sense but PC Toza well spell check gave me some options for changing "Toza" one option was "toss" but I'm to much of a lady to add an "A"

I feel very up set for the drug dealers dog who has probably been killed by now for defending it's property and looking the way it does, the GSD that was unfortunately attacked and the other two "pit bulls" one of which that could clearly be seen being repeatedly kicked.

And as for what's preferable a "whole heap" of officers or "one or two". I had seven of them at my door when they came for my dog before 7 in the morning, me and her were still fast asleep in bed. I was not a known drug dealer nor do did I have a history of violence towards police officers or any one for that that matter. just a 24 year old girl not really wanting to get up for work

edited to say this was a few years ago i wish i was still 24 :laugh:

Edited by alisonsophieb

Just another Police Camera Action programme to me! Can't get the image of the GSD out of my mind though, truly horrible! :ohmy:

I did keep getting confused with the PCs names and the dogs names though :rolleyes: Revel and Toza :laugh:

Edited by boosboss

They went to raid the house for drugs and asked the dog handlers along because they were aware the guy had what they believed was a pit bull type.Most drug dealers have this type of dog for one reason only and that is to protect themselves and stall the police entering the property.The dogs are trained to attack and protect the dealer.The police were totally right in the way they handled the situation as Kelly said.Dog lovers might not like it but it's a sad fact that this is the reality of drug dealers :( They care little for the dog they have, a prime example being the dog that killed Ellie Lawrenson.

Blame the drug dealer for the likely poor outcome for the dog not the police :(

Tyne Tees had been showing a similar programme on Thursday nights. The last one was on last night. This was called K999 Detective I think and focused on Durham police dogs. What I saw last night seemed ok. They didn't show the dogs getting anyone, more explaining what would happen. One of the dogs went into a warehouse to look for a potential burglar, another tried to find someone who had a car accident and looed had wandered off into a field.

One of the dogs was to retire and live with his handler who was training up a new dog as well.