UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Brian Update

lazyhound

Brian has been doing fantastically and really enjoying life. He has still got his urine infection but the vet sent off a urine sample for analysis and has prescribed a new course of antibiotics for it.

However, last night he became very lethargic and disinterested in everything. He turned his nose up at his dinner and breakfast this morning and hasn't moved off his bed apart from when I took him to the vets this morning. He hasn't got a temperature but his throat glands were up and the vet gave him an AB injection which should last until Saturday. He keeps swallowing and has a runny nose so I'm going to try and boil some liquorice root and honey, as it is likely that he has a sore throat (I did mention to the vet that we were camping and one of the dogs had kennel cough but she says its not that). I am really worried about him, he looks so sad :mecry: it's heart breaking. Please keep your fingers crossed for him.

Brian,you were a star at the camp, and Dream loved her little walk through the woods with you.

I hope his throat is feeling better soon. Would icecream be ok?

I bought some liquorice root the other day, and boiled it up, couldnt get Dream to drink it, it did smell lovely though.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, I was so worried about Brian yesterday :mecry: . He didn't show any interest in anything yesterday and pretty much slept all day. He did however manage to eat and drink a little last night although he didn't go much on the liquorice and honey (Dougie loved it though :biggrin: ). Although he's not right he does seem happier within himself this morning and he managed to eat some breakfast, then bless his heart he was waiting at the front door from 8am wanting to take the children to school (obviously worried he would be left behind like yesterday!) :rolleyes: So hopefully he has turned the corner. Will take him back to the vets tomorrow incase he needs another AB jab.

bless his heart he was waiting at the front door from 8am wanting to take the children to school (obviously worried he would be left behind like yesterday!) :rolleyes:

Awwww. Brian is so sweet! :wub:

So glad to hear he's feeling better today, fingers crossed all continues to go well.