UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Remembering Venus.

phoebejo

Eight years ago a new foster cat arrived with me. She was quite a small black and white female who had been straying on an industrial estate for quite a while. Her coat felt rough, the kind of roughness and dirtiness that only comes from being outside for ages. She arrived the same day as Venus Williams won her first Wimbledon, so she was named Venus. Venus was such a nice little girl, very loving and VERY vocal :laugh: I really did adore her and fell in love quickly.

Five days later she was dead :mecry: I went out to feed the foster cats on the Thursday morning and as soon as I stepped outside my back door I saw her dead on the floor of her pen :mecry: She'd been sick a few times around her and had obviously been dead a while. I was devastated. She'd been fine the night before, she'd eaten all her dinner and we'd enjoyed a cuddle before I put them all to bed. I couldn't believe she'd gone so quickly. A post-mortem allegedly showed she died from peritonitis, probably caused by an old injury to her stomach. I still find that hard to believe, Venus showed no signs of pain or illness and was absolutely fine when I put her to bed :( I think maybe she had some kind of fit and perhaps choked. I'll never know but ever since I've always thought 'what if?'......

I don't suppose anybody is missing Venus. I don't even know if she was ever loved. But I loved her, she was very special. Venus Williams won again today and I want to remember my Venus. I'll never ever forget my Venus, today is her day though. A beautiful little girl taken far too soon :mecry: :wub: