Job Situation

ClazUK

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot is lovely :mecry: :blush02:

Good for you Claire.Bet that feels a real weight off you now :flowers:
Indeed it does - now it's *your* turn - someone else who deserves better.

Have I spent Clazooks real name wrong???

Nope - I'm a Claire with all the vowels, not a Clare, or a Clair (or a Clire for that matter :laugh: ) Oook is much easier though :D

I left you a message on your phone a couple of days back asking if you would consider work in London ?

Sorry, was in the Toilet Rationing Gulag at the time and forgot. TBH no, I am too old/boring/lazy to commute any more (although they are looking for Conductors working out of Bletchley :biggrin: )

are you thinking of applying ? its a pretty good depot and as TOCs go Midland Mainline has a fairly good reputation

down side is of course shifts and weekend work ,

It's London Midland - salary £16,101 to £20,663

I'll email for the application pack tomorrow and then have a ponder.

have you thought about working in the NHS?

yes I am serious.

they are often looking for people with great interpersonal & IT skills to work with PALS/complaints.

this would be right up your street

have a look on NHS jobs.

you are brilliant at organisation/people and systems....so have a look

fee

ahhh thats the one Midland Mainline don't exist anyone :blush02:

I use their trains most days as the service is better than Virgin , they have 2 types of rolling stock ( new ones have A/C which is lovely ) and some veeeeery long trains in the rush hours ( 12 cars ) and the conductors mainly wander up and down check tickets and do announcements and all of them seem very nice and happy in their jobs ( at least 50 % are woman and there is a very mixed age range as well )

one of Aislings old support teachers from her primary school works there now and is very happy and a lot of platform staff at MK work towards getting on the trains

Bletchley is a very nice train crew depot as well and you get free travel to work

oooh meant to say its highly likely to be competency based application/interviews leaning very heavily towards customer care and service ( so you would be able to do that no bother )

also as I said a few of the platform staff at MK have applied to work on the trains so your experience working at Reading would be very relevant

another option might be working at Northampton ? there is a depot ( small one can't remembers whose it is ) and of course the station staff and ticket office staff ( all I think employed by London Midland )

was some thing else but I forgot