UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Rhodesian Ridgebacks - An Aggressive Breed ?

summersun

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it is someone messing about I ain't happy. For the simple reason that this person has popped up on another thread where a lady is worried about her new dog. Instead of being comforted by people giving advice this person has presented a load of rubbish and

1. probably made the lady feel worse

2. probably made her more worried than she was already.

so not good in my book.

I grew up with the most wonderful dog who was part RR and as soft as butter.There was not one aggressive bone in her body and she was the best doggy tutor I could have ever wished for.I still miss her today.

And Di,I was just wondering about my DVD player and it was you that had it wasn't it,I just knew it.

And Di,I was just wondering about my DVD player and it was you that had it wasn't it,I just knew it.

awww you sussed me... although god knows i went through every drawer in the place and couldnt find the manual, so if you wouldnt mind posting it on, id love to know how to set the timer :laugh:

It hasnt been a waste of time though- The OP may not have a PHD in 'in depth genetic traits of the RR' that we assumed they had, BUT..... We seem to have proved that RR's are not aggresive at all :)

I personally think thats pretty good :wink: - even though we all knew they wernt aggressive anyway :wacko:

I was just thinking the same.

Started reading this morning, have just come home expecting to see a good debate, and..........

nuffin :rolleyes:

Methinks you've all been 'had'?

Who cares - I've enjoyed reading it, especially those ignoring the OP's demands and posting their own very positive, endearing experiences of the breed :wub:

I was just thinking the same.

Started reading this morning, have just come home expecting to see a good debate, and..........

nuffin :rolleyes:

Methinks you've all been 'had'?

Methinks the (summer)sun has gone down :rolleyes: So no finalised 'opening statement', although seeing as the 'debate' is already well on its way I don't think that there is a need for one now :wink:

I think someone tried to get a heated debate going but didn't succeed. x

right let me restart it then :D

i suspect-not having researched anything or having any personal experience -that the RR is obviously a more wonky dog because of the ridge-the hair runs the wrong way affecting its brain chemistry/chakra alignment-thus as a breed they are all inherently odder then normal dogs

this can be helped by careful manipulation of paws in a clockwise rotation (anti clock wise just ups the Wrongness of the dog)

a cheese free diet helps

if you dont believe me-im sure ClazUk who i think might be a behaviourist-not sure but my dog-not an RR used to love her-she can confirm im right.

fee

I fancy myself as a behviourist too even tho i have no qualifactions so while i go off and find an obscure book to plagarise, for now i will say that the ridge deffinately keeps the dog well balanced unless its wonky and thats what makes the dogs behavious wonky too. Ive seen it once on a RR that was 600m across a field so i must be right :D

I have observed that you have a vague ridge tendency to your hair Di so does this explain your characteristics of wonkiness and somewhat bizarre behaviour? :unsure:

Like Fee I'm a nurse so I do feel very well qualified to talk about dogs and their genetic traits especially in regards to humans and shared personality characteristics.I have letters after my name see.I might have seen it in a book but I've definitely seen Di's hair doing a ridge type thing.I might try doing the feet manipulation in a clockwise rotation during our next holiday,thank you for that helpful suggestion Fee :flowers:

I have observed that you have a vague ridge tendency to your hair Di so does this explain your characteristics of wonkiness and somewhat bizarre behaviour? :unsure:

Like Fee I'm a nurse so I do feel very well qualified to talk about dogs and their genetic traits especially in regards to humans and shared personality characteristics.I have letters after my name see.I might have seen it in a book but I've definitely seen Di's hair doing a ridge type thing.I might try doing the feet manipulation in a clockwise rotation during our next holiday,thank you for that helpful suggestion Fee :flowers:

indeed and having broken out the wax to test the rididity of my ridge, i can verify it is wonky and thus so must i be :unsure:

you can clearly see a gap in the ridge on this one

024.jpg

and this close up shows the hair just doesnt conform to a uniform straight line (although my wax is shiney which must be a bonus point :laugh: )

026.jpg