UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Good Thoughts For Tosh Please

Nettie

Tosh, one my oldie cats appears to have a large lump along his rib cage which I've just discovered. He doesn't do being picked up but I did today and found it, I think it may be an abcess as there appears to be an scab on it which could relate to a puncture wound. He also needs to have his bloods done to see how his kidneys are doing, he has mild kidney failure, hope it is still mild. He's in good spirits though and lump doesn't seem to hurt him, he's not backward in coming forward if you do something he doesn't like, I've no scratches so am assuming its not painful. Might be a different case once I've tried to put him in the cat carrier, vet appointment in an hour.

Edited by Nettie

Have you lot been reading too much RMF, his name is Tosh not Tush or Foof or any other name for lady bits! :laugh:

Anyway, it is indeed an abcess containing lots of vile coloured puss, vet will be calling me to let me know what his kidney results are and from there he will probably be sedated to have the abcess flushed out and a course of ABs. He was remarkably chilled in the surgery which is most unlike my neurotic cat.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Have you lot been reading too much RMF, his name is Tosh not Tush or Foof or any other name for lady bits! :laugh:

Anyway, it is indeed an abcess containing lots of vile coloured puss, vet will be calling me to let me know what his kidney results are and from there he will probably be sedated to have the abcess flushed out and a course of ABs. He was remarkably chilled in the surgery which is most unlike my neurotic cat.

Thanks for all the good thoughts.

:laugh: :laugh: That's my fault - thought it was a bit odd for a male cat (or female for that matter :wacko: ) :laugh:

Hope the kidney results are ok :flowers:

Thanks everyone, Tosh's urea results are still the same as the last blood test which means we can continue with his present diet, seems to working well. His calcium was a little high but we can't work out why. He is also showing slight signs of a possible thyroid problem so I'm going to monitor his weight once a month for the next 3 months and then he'll have another test. This morning he seems to have developed a slightly swollen eye, I've given him eye drops and it seems to have improved already. Giving him his ABs has not been as bad as in the past but sadly he doesn't exactly find them palatable unlike his brother who would just eat them as offered. All in all he's in good spirits though.