UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Puppy Or Child

ranirottie

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who know me know I strongly dislike children. I would fall into the catagory of child hater however I don't use the word hate because that is reserver only for a select few people/things etc

However in this situation I cannot say now without question what I would do. Every fibre of me now screams 'You would save the puppy' but would I? To be honest I seriously doubt I would save the puppy first but I just don't know.

I read this a while back, and believed it would be child every time, without a doubt or hesitation.

However, my dog is quite ill, and the emotional pull I have towards her is overwheming.

So, my honest - and quite surprising - answer is, if I saw my dog needed saving I dont think I would be aware of anything else. I think I would rescue her.

Just to add, if it was an unknown puppy, I wouldnt have that emotional tie, so would rescue the child, as I would be less focused on the puppy.

Edited by Dolly

To be honest its a difficult one, and one that you couldnt say unless your in that situation, hubby says child, i first said puppy, but puppies doggie paddle, a child would just sink...so its a hard one

If it was my own puppy, sorry i would risk my life for my dogs....

Then i would sack the helicopter pilot who mistakenly put a puppy and a child in the back seat of his helicopter and the child opened the door and they both fell into the lake :wacko: :wacko:

Then i would sack the helicopter pilot who mistakenly put a puppy and a child in the back seat of his helicopter and the child opened the door and they both fell into the lake :wacko: :wacko:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: lots of us did wonder how they both got into seperate lakes at the same time........................me included,and I started the thread. Mystery solved! x :laugh:

Child. And I like to believe every human being would do the same. I love my dogs, all dogs in fact, and whilst I love my children I wouldn't say I love kids, but as a human being I could not allow another human to die. I saw the news report tonight of the old man hit by two cars and then car drivers and people left him to lie in the road. Perhaps he would have stood more chance if he had been a dog x

I saw the news report tonight of the old man hit by two cars and then car drivers and people left him to lie in the road. Perhaps he would have stood more chance if he had been a dog x

I don't understand how people do that :mecry: How depressing.

Child. And I like to believe every human being would do the same. I love my dogs, all dogs in fact, and whilst I love my children I wouldn't say I love kids, but as a human being I could not allow another human to die. I saw the news report tonight of the old man hit by two cars and then car drivers and people left him to lie in the road. Perhaps he would have stood more chance if he had been a dog x

I think that's a bit harsh. The sad reality is that many people will not help either a man or a dog. I might have said that I'd save the puppy before the child, but I sure as hell would not have left that poor man lying in the road if I'd been around, and I would have had a few words for passers-by who would have strained to look but not stopped.

I've been 'stuck' with an alcoholic who had fallen over and bashed his head, I'd helped him up and tried to get him somewhere dry and out of the wind, because it was pissing it down and blowing a gale. The guy was at least a foot taller and a couple of stone heavier than me. Whilst trying to keep us both on our feet and moving at least 2 dozen people passed us but not a single one stopped to help, even though it was very obvious that the guy was hurt and that I was trying to help, not two alcies leaning on eachother. :mad:

I saw the news report tonight of the old man hit by two cars and then car drivers and people left him to lie in the road. Perhaps he would have stood more chance if he had been a dog x

I don't understand how people do that :mecry: How depressing.

I think that's a bit harsh. The sad reality is that many people will not help either a man or a dog.

Well, it's pretty harsh to hear that anyone would save a dog before a child, but we've heard that response on here. We were discussing an "either or" situation, not a "one before the other", remember, and some posters said "puppy". I personally find that utterly depressing. :(