UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Stripping Blade

one.eyed.dog

Lottie's fur is exploding on her back legs so I thought I would trim it a wee bit as it tangles.

I don't want her clipped as I worry it will ruin her coat. I am definatly not having her hand stripped.

Is there such a thing as a comb that has a blade that cuts as you comb? I seem to remember something similar when I was kid for people.

I have one for Barney and its fab, will get a photo later for you. This removes about three yorkies from Barney every time we use it (every other day), dont let folk tell you mastiffs dont moult, they do, more that a lab!! My sister in law uses one too on her lab and again removes loads of hair!

edit for picture

7e_1.JPG

Edited by Red Rotties

You could try what is called a Coat King, it will cut the coat as well as thinning it out, however if she is wire coated, it will eventually spoil the coat (certainly did to my parents wire fox terrier) Your best bet would be hand stripping the coat when it blows, can i ask why you say you don't want her hand stripped?

Jessy

I have one for Barney and its fab, will get a photo later for you. This removes about three yorkies from Barney every time we use it (every other day), dont let folk tell you mastiffs dont moult, they do, more that a lab!! My sister in law uses one too on her lab and again removes loads of hair!

edit for picture

7e_1.JPG

I had one of these for my last dog as she moulted 4 waste paper bins a day. She was a GSD/foxhound.

Lottie is a Wire Haired pointer so it would not work on her I don't think. I have never had a dog that has to have it's hair done (so as to speak)

I want to half the length of the fur on her back legs. Hang on I'll find a picture

DSC00016-3.jpg

DSC00015-3.jpg

Does this illustrate what I mean????????????

You could try what is called a Coat King, it will cut the coat as well as thinning it out, however if she is wire coated, it will eventually spoil the coat (certainly did to my parents wire fox terrier) Your best bet would be hand stripping the coat when it blows, can i ask why you say you don't want her hand stripped?

Jessy

Do they not just yank out the fur???? Ouch. What does "Blows" mean. If it's when there is loads of dead fur, she never gets that. I hardley ever get any fur out when I brush her, which is once a week. She does not really seem to moult.

It will work Ellie. We have one of those for Issie. Get tons of the stuff off her.

Is that the blue thing?????

If someone can send me one I'll pay a bit extra for it and cover postage as well. (Is that a bit cheeky?) :flowers:

Just saw your post on RMF about Iz. I hope she is ok :GroupHug:

Lottie's fur is quite thin. When I used the saw thing on Lucy (she had a really thick coat) I pressed quite hard but, if I did that on Lotts I would be worried about hurting her. She is like an oven ready chicken under her front legs.

I can see me ending up with every contraption on the market. LOL

Hand stripping is not really just yanking the hair out, i strip my parents wire fox terrier and it doesn't bother him any more than being brushed, We don't get much hair out when brushing him either. Basically the coat blowing is a term for it being ready to strip, so it will come out easily. A stripping knife will help you with it, another thing that can help is one of those little rubber thimble things! (helps get a grip on the hair!)

J