UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Self Tanning Stuff

Wendbert

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarins have either the tanning milk which is the one I have used, it also has a spf of 6 it will give you a very natural tan in about 2 hrs, or they have a tanning mouse which sounds as if it will give you a bit more of a tan, you can always pop into the Clarins counter and they will give you a couple of trial samples for nowt and you can see for yourself, ment to say the milk is 15.50 and the mouse is 19.50, whilst your at the Clarins counter try and get as many freebies as you can, they really go a long way, I got a tiny trial size of their new cream that will cost 62 quid when it comes out, I'm on my third night of using it :biggrin: .............and while your at it why not try some of the other counters too, I had my lips done for nowt at the Bobbi Brown counter ( another one that dosen't test on animals) I've struggled for years never knowing which lippy to use but they sorted it out in a jiff, Clinique and MAC are two others that don't test on animals and will have swanky counters you can get loads of testers from, if you can go in on a week day when it's not so busy and you'll have more chance of getting them to try out make up on you.

I've just realised what a long post I've done on make up...............and I hardly ever use the stuff :laugh:

Celeste,

Do you have any more info about Clarins and Bobbi Brown, with regards to animal testing please? If their products don't incorporate any form of animal testing then I might consider using them. Trouble is, the info on the Clarins website isn't very clear. It says In 1987, Clarins was the first French company to cease product testing on animals. That tells me that they don't test their products on animals, but it doesn't say anything about the ingredients that they use within their products. Many cosmetics companies use ingredients that have already been animal tested, and some pay testing companies to test ingredients on their behalf.

I can't find Clarins or BB on the list HERE and I don't think they are in my cruelty free shopper book either.

If you have any other info I'd be grateful.

Thanks

WENDYYYYYYYYYYYY

Since you are a wimp and won't use the dark stuff I've decided to have a go for you [how nice am I?]

Johnsons Holiday Skin is BOGOF in Boots so I got one dark and one light for £4.98

I'll slap some on later [does it matter if the one I used last night is light and I'm going dark over the top?]

Celeste,

Do you have any more info about Clarins and Bobbi Brown, with regards to animal testing please? If their products don't incorporate any form of animal testing then I might consider using them. Trouble is, the info on the Clarins website isn't very clear. It says In 1987, Clarins was the first French company to cease product testing on animals. That tells me that they don't test their products on animals, but it doesn't say anything about the ingredients that they use within their products. Many cosmetics companies use ingredients that have already been animal tested, and some pay testing companies to test ingredients on their behalf.

I can't find Clarins or BB on the list HERE and I don't think they are in my cruelty free shopper book either.

If you have any other info I'd be grateful.

Thanks

You'll find both of them on PETA's OK list Don't Test it's as a pdf, :flowers: , please let me know if you have any doubts as to Peta's list as I certainly don't want to give money to any cosmetic companies that do test, my skin's not worth that much :flowers:

Apparantly if you buy Junes copy of Glamour there's a 25 squid voucher for a free spray tan, it was on Money Saving Expert tonight

WENDYYYYYYYYYYYY

Since you are a wimp and won't use the dark stuff I've decided to have a go for you [how nice am I?]

Johnsons Holiday Skin is BOGOF in Boots so I got one dark and one light for £4.98

I'll slap some on later [does it matter if the one I used last night is light and I'm going dark over the top?]

Asda's do the Johnsons one for £2 each.

I used the dark one.......you have been warned :flowers:

You'll find both of them on PETA's OK list Don't Test it's as a pdf, :flowers: , please let me know if you have any doubts as to Peta's list as I certainly don't want to give money to any cosmetic companies that do test, my skin's not worth that much :flowers:

Apparantly if you buy Junes copy of Glamour there's a 25 squid voucher for a free spray tan, it was on Money Saving Expert tonight

Thanks. I will have a read :flowers:

Just had this link through via MoneySavingExpert:

Self Tanning Bargain!

Basically you get a £25 Calfornia Spray Tan at a Tanning Shop branch for free thanks to a voucher printed in this month's Glamour magazine (which costs £2) :biggrin:

thanks for that

I get Glamour magazine but hadn't even noticed this offer in there .... and there is a Tanning Shop in MK. Might give it a go :biggrin:

I found the website for the salon that Sarah_H recommended to me as its not far, and according to their website, I could just get my face and upper bits down:

Sunless Spray Tanning

A natural looking flawless tan in a single application. This revolutionary tanning system with natural sunscreen actually helps protect and rejuvenate the skin, enabling a longer-lasting, slow, even-fading spray tan with minimal rub-off. It typically lasts 5 to 10 days and often more, depending on the skin type and your daily skin care routines.

Full Body and Face Tan 15 mins £21

Face and Upper Body or Leg Tan 10 mins £12

:unsure:

I *might* be brave :wacko:

I found the stuff I used last year it's Boots Holiday Glow stuff.

I wonder if it's safe to use this year?

I am using last years avon one. Day 3 and colour build up looking good just a few patchy bits around the knees and heels. It does stink though.

After publicly declaring that I would never try self tan the product testing agency I work for have sent me my next test sample - yes you've guessed it it's a self tanning lotion.

So I shall now be joining you ladies in turning myself orange :laugh: