UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May - R M F

Wendbert

It's funny - I'm the last temp to come into the department, but the other temps are 'deferring' to me :wacko: Even the admin manager is giving me more 'responsible' tasks to do - like writing cheques (whoodeedoo). Weird.

Oh well, I guess I better go back in a minute.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's such a shame Wendy. I'm sure they'll find a home soon but it does seem a bit short sighted of them. :(

I know but I have to respect their policy I guess - it is a shame though, even grumpy *no more cats* OH crumbled when he saw him and he told me to phone about him :ohmy:

I know but I have to respect their policy I guess - it is a shame though, even grumpy *no more cats* OH crumbled when he saw him and he told me to phone about him :ohmy:

Might be worth questioning abit further?? My friends did that over a pup and the rescue relented eventually - well more like saw sense but too late unfortunately as they'd already rehomed from another rescue by then!! :rolleyes:

It must be summer...went to Lidl and bought 6 bottles of water, pack of sparkling water, Ribena, orange juice and lots of salad stuff...didn't even go near the crisp and chocolate bit!!! :laugh: Long may it last (although I'm under no illusion it will last!! :laugh: )

Had a lovely lunch with one of my bestest mates Shell :wub: :wub: her 21 year old cousin died last weekend :mecry: they think it is murder but his body has now been released so the funeral is on Friday, she is doing so well being there for everyone :wub: :wub: especially as her sister's long term partner and father of their kids died almost a year ago :mecry: tis a very hard time for such a lovely family :(

Tomorrow I am having lunch with another of my mates who has just split up with her hubby :mecry: I don't think May is a very nice month this year for a lot of people :(

RMF: I am also feeling guilty about being rather happy at the mo when there is so much sadness around :(

Edited by sparkle

:GroupHug: Owl

:GroupHug: Sarah

We fell in love with a kitten over the weekend but the rescue will only rehome him with one of his siblings or his mum & we can't take two so it's not possible. He reminded us very much of one of our old cats which is apparently another reason for not adopting him :wacko: He's gorgeous though so I can't imagine him or his siblings and mum waiting long :wub:

Glad Ceri got his phone back :flowers: I am broody for a little boy kitten :wub: I was over my limit with five cats but kind of got used to it :rolleyes: :laugh: I wonder if most rescues will only let you have two :unsure: I could not go up to six :(

We have wonderful kittens. I can understand if it was an indoor cat but outdoor sounds a bit silly. Perhaps Ive missed the point ?

We have wonderful kittens. I can understand if it was an indoor cat but outdoor sounds a bit silly. Perhaps Ive missed the point ?

She talked about *bonded pairs*, not sure I understood really, especially as we already have a cat and previous cats have bonded to newcomers. Oh well...

RMF: I am also feeling guilty about being rather happy at the mo when there is so much sadness around :(

Don't ever feel guilty about your own happiness. Being in a good place enables you to be strong for your friends who are habing a rough time, and to be their shoulder to cry on. :flowers:

I wonder if most rescues will only let you have two :unsure: I could not go up to six :(

Nobody's ever seemed bothered about us having piles of cats - we have 6, all rescues of one sort or another. Actually we have 3 pairs of 2, so everycat has a henchcat to back him up and support his evil schemes. Though 2 of them are Bengals, and I'm really not sure the Bengals think they are cats. And Kjetil thinks he is a dog a lot of the time.

So I suppose really we only have 3 cats that actually know they are cats. :wacko:

re the bonded pairs thing, I think that will be one of the worst things if any of ours dies, they are all very couple-y (even though 5 of them are boys, we don't discriminate here!) and I do worry how they would cope if any of them were to lose their partners. But I'd have thought less of an issue with a kitten.

:wavey: First day of my 9-1 then 4-7.30 split shift. Wish I didn't have a garden full of builders so I could go out and enjoy it. So I'm going to have a sarnie and then try to get on top of the dust they are distributing everywhere.

Edited to Add: I forgot I had a chuff chart :laugh:

Edited by ClazUK

They really do :biggrin: I can vouch for the hooligans little bundles of joy :wub: :laugh: that Lesley has :biggrin:

Don't ever feel guilty about your own happiness. Being in a good place enables you to be strong for your friends who are habing a rough time, and to be their shoulder to cry on. :flowers:

Thanks hun :wub: :flowers:

Sparkleyone, Shell and her family Anne is very wise

She is indeed :wub: and thank you for the :GroupHug: 's I will pass them on :flowers:

A Foof update - posted in whinges by mistake so I'm putting it here too :rolleyes:

Back from midwife and my foof is not at fault it's Symphsis Pubis Dysfunction (apparantly ) so have come away with a list of do's and don'ts (don't carry children on one hip, don't walk too far, don't carry heavy shopping and with a toddler, a hound, a marginally disabled mother and a husband who works away a lot those will be adhered to how exactly??