UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Bringing A Dog Over From Vietnam

sproggie14

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your kind words everyone, it means a lot to us to know that so many people are following Moon's story :laugh: . Also thank you for the biscuit orders, it's the first ones we've had this month! Post-Christmas poorness and credit crunch is effecting everyone, so we really apprciate it. We'll try and get them out to you all ASAP and I hope your flanimals enjoy them.

Sarah's sprog dogs we the testers for the prototypes, it was very funny to get mobbed by six collies :laugh: I'm really looking forward to Sarah and Dave coming to meet Moon next week. Moon hasn't met any western males apart from Adam, so it wil be a big step for him (he was quite wary of males in Vietnam). Fingers crossed everyone will be figihting fit by next week so they can come. We'll post photos on the updates when it happens.

Well Sarah and Dave both came to see Moon yestersay and it couldn't have gone better. I am so proud of him. He's quite nervous of stranger, particularly men, so this was a huge step for him.

He was a bit growly at first but that soon stopped and he was soon taking treats from "choccie button lady" and "biscuit man" :laugh: It took him a little while to trust them enough to let him touch them but with me sitting near him, he soon became brave enough. Then he was shaking paws with them, even playing with him new toys a little (S&D throughly spoilt him with a bag load of pressies!) and at one point was being fussed by all three of us at once. I was so proud of him, and it only took him about an hour to accept both of them completely.

I'll put photo updates up in the next few days on the website. Also a small request, if anyone has brought MoonBix and would like their dogs/cats on the testimonials page then please email me a photo. We'd be more than happy to put it up on the website :laugh:

Meeting Moon was a huge honour. I always thought he was an exceptionally handsome dog from his pictures but he is even more gorgeous in the flesh. As Amanda says he was a little grumbly when we first got there but it was obviously just a fear thing and he doesn't have even the teensiest bit of aggression in him. The grumbling soon stopped when the bag of treats came out :laugh: He is amazingly intelligent and eager to please so, although he didn't want me to touch him, I asked him to sit and give me his paw, which he did and he seemed to enjoy doing something to please us. Soon after he allowed me to touch his cheek and once he realised I wasn't going to hurt him he was soon enjoying lots of fuss. He was absolutely fascinated by Dave straight away and by the end of the visit they were playing together :wub: I can't wait to see the pics :biggrin:

George and Archie got their supply of Moonbix and have pronounced them "well tasty". Archie is not the slightest bit interested in food but even he sat and begged for more so that's a hoooooooooge endorsement :laughingsmiley:

Then please send me a photo of him for the website! :laugh:

We are currently in london, Moon is in kennels outside Heathrow. however we are probably relocating to Gloucester and it is alikely that will be where Moon ends up lnving with us. Where are refuge walks held? We'd love to come along.

We are currently in london, Moon is in kennels outside Heathrow. however we are probably relocating to Gloucester and it is alikely that will be where Moon ends up lnving with us. Where are refuge walks held? We'd love to come along.

Fugees arrange walks all over the place, there have been some in the south west and I'm sure there will be more :)

I'm trying to get the photos up on the website but while it looks fine on my template, when viewed in Explorer it goes all squiffy! Not please. bear with me while i try and sort it out.

Also, we're trying to get ideas for our February biscuit of the month. It has to be valentine themed and ingrediants which is safe for dogs and ideally other pets too. Everyhting else is wide open (shape, flavour etc), so any thought please let us know! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys just thought I’d give you all a brief update on how things are going with us and Moon.

Well first piece of news is this update is coming to you from Moon’s Dad not his Mum. Amanda has secured a new job at a wildlife rescue centre and is currently living on site with no Internet access. That therefore leaves the updating to me.

So fab news for Moon since the last update, he as now been meeting and greeting new people and is settling in quickly to the new stardom. Although he seems naturally nervous of new people he is quickly learn to trust them and even allowing some to get some of his famous head cuddles. For a complete update on his story and to seem some great pics of him visit the updates section of the MoonBix website.

A big thank you to the people who tested the bix when we first started and to that end we have added some pics and comments of those first ‘guinea pigs’ to the websites testimonials page. Also can a say a big thank you to all of you that have helped support the MoonBix project and just to let you know that we are only £680 away from the final goal.

Two final things then before I go. Firstly should anyone need to contact myself or Amanda can I please ask that you use the email contacts found on the MoonBix website. As Amanda does not have internet access at the moment she will be unable to respond to any posts here, however the MoonBix email address are connected to my own ant therefore I will be able to respond to you or pass on any information etc you may have for Amanda.

And finally just to let you know that MoonBix treat of the month the ‘Sweetheatz’ are now available on the website and can we all wish you a very happy St Valentines days for Moon and all the Team.

• 2 weeks later...
Only 9 weeks to go and counting! Getting very excited and saving up to go an one big shopping spree soon to by leads and beds and bowls and toys and all the things he'll need to come home.I just can't wait!

Wow! How exciting, must seem like an age since you started planning this and now he's nearly home!

Only 9 weeks to go and counting! Getting very excited and saving up to go an one big shopping spree soon to by leads and beds and bowls and toys and all the things he'll need to come home.I just can't wait!

WOW brilliant, remember 1st ever reading about this on FR..cant believe the lucky dog is nearly home with you all...cant wait for LOTS of pics :wub: :wub: