UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Wish Bumpy A Peaceful Journey To The Bridge

Wendbert

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the first thread I started about Bumpy back on DP when I asked whether you should wait for 'the one you think you want' or 'the one that needs you most' as I'd always thought I wanted an oldie Yellow Lab :rolleyes: But at that time, it was Bumpy who had been waiting in kennels for 3 months and the day I went to meet him I fell in love the moment I saw him. I am just so glad I shared these past 3 years with the one that needed me and I'm looking forward to when the pain has eased and been replaced by the happy memories of my special Bumpy Jake :wub:

:GroupHug: that is such a lovely way to look at allowing yourself to be chosen :flowers:

It still doesn't feel right here without Bumpy - no one bumping into things, no one nudging the back of my legs while I'm in the kitchen, no loud snoring and no waggy Bumpy waiting for me in the morning when I come downstairs :mecry:

I remember the first thread I started about Bumpy back on DP when I asked whether you should wait for 'the one you think you want' or 'the one that needs you most' as I'd always thought I wanted an oldie Yellow Lab :rolleyes: But at that time, it was Bumpy who had been waiting in kennels for 3 months and the day I went to meet him I fell in love the moment I saw him. I am just so glad I shared these past 3 years with the one that needed me and I'm looking forward to when the pain has eased and been replaced by the happy memories of my special Bumpy Jake :wub:

:GroupHug: On Wednesday someone was asking me about Joyce and whether next time I'd go for a (younger) healthier dog as a starting point.

Joyce & I are not ready to give up on her fight just yet but the possibility of losing another so soon after Jo is something I've thought about & know will come but despite what others have said "are you crackers?" & the like I've never regretted giving her that chance to get out of kennels.

Your words here therefore struck a chord with me / were something I can truly empathise with & I wish you a "speedy ease" to that pain and many long & happy memories of your special Bumpy Jake

DON'T CRY FOR WHEN I'M GONE

Three score years are given to men,

But ours is a much briefer span.

So, though I give you all my heart,

The time will come when we must part.

But all around, you will see

Creatures that speak to you of me;

A tired horse, a hunted thing,

A sparrow with a broken wing...

Pity and help, (I know you will),

And, somehow, I will be with you still.

I shall know, although I'm gone,

The love I gave you lingers on.

:GroupHug:

• 10 months later...

My darling Bumpy, we should have been celebrating your Gotcha Day today :mecry:

On this day last year, I'd never have thought that both you and Dolly would have left my side to be together at the Bridge

ADolly3-1.jpg

Being the true gent that you were, I know you'll be taking care of Dolly and I'm sure you would be happy to know that Wiggle and Sir H are here, trying to fill the void you left, being the special, brave boy you were.

I miss you each and every day Bumpy, but today brings extra special thoughts and memories :wub: :lily: :wub: