UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The "someone To Lean On" Thread

Elaine

Hi,

Just popped in for a cry! :mecry:

I have been ill for some time now and some of you may remember that I had Costochondritis (an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the inner end of each rib with the breastbone (sternum)).

Well that was not nice and was painfull.

Then I had Anaphylactic shock 3 times and ended up in hospital.

Well I have been feeling pretty crap for about 6 mths and went to the doctor as all I seem to do is sleep. the slightest cold would put me in bed for days.

Anyway the doc didd loads of test and the results came back last week. They are all fine which means that the doctor now thinks I have post viral fatigue syndrome and as far as i can tell it is almost the same as M.E.

I cant fine any info on just post viral fatigue syndrome as it is all put under CFS/ME heading.

I am on massive painkillers at the moment and i havent been able to leave the house for a week. The Doctor has given me 2 wks of work but i am not getting better. Because I am so ill we are unable to foster for the oldies club for a while.

Sorry more woes. Chris my son slammed his hand in the door taking off his whole fingernail which now needs dressing every few days.I cant go with him.

Our puppy (ok shes not really a puppy but 16mths) Gabby cut her paw 2 weeks ago and she kept knock off the scab and making it bleed. It is only about the size of my little finger nail so very small but was not healing so oh took her to the vets. the vet has said that it is a tumor and she has to go in next week for an op to remove it. well cry over! thanks for reading this just had to get it of me chest if you know what i mean!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have been ill for some time now and some of you may remember that I had Costochondritis (an inflammation of the cartilage that connects the inner end of each rib with the breastbone (sternum)).

Well I have been feeling pretty crap for about 6 mths and went to the doctor as all I seem to do is sleep. the slightest cold would put me in bed for days.

Anyway the doc didd loads of test and the results came back last week. They are all fine which means that the doctor now thinks I have post viral fatigue syndrome and as far as i can tell it is almost the same as M.E.

I cant fine any info on just post viral fatigue syndrome as it is all put under CFS/ME heading.

I am on massive painkillers at the moment and i havent been able to leave the house for a week. The Doctor has given me 2 wks of work but i am not getting better. Because I am so ill we are unable to foster for the oldies club for a while.

Sorry more woes. Chris my son slammed his hand in the door taking off his whole fingernail which now needs dressing every few days.I cant go with him.

Our puppy (ok shes not really a puppy but 16mths) Gabby cut her paw 2 weeks ago and she kept knock off the scab and making it bleed. It is only about the size of my little finger nail so very small but was not healing so oh took her to the vets. the vet has said that it is a tumor and she has to go in next week for an op to remove it. well cry over! thanks for reading this just had to get it of me chest if you know what i mean!!!

Oh you poor love :( :GroupHug: :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Hi,

:GroupHug: The good news is that although ME/POST VIRAL is very debilitating you WILL come out the other side ok.You just have to replan a bit and try to stop worrying because that will drag you down further

:flowers: thank you all for you kind words and :GroupHug: 's I am trying to stay postive. I am going to make another app with gp to see if he can advise me. the internet is a scarey place when you are ill!! :wacko:

I am going to stop looking at stuff for a while until I know more from gp anyway.