UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Hydrotherapy Near Glasgow

Jimcoted

Just had a look on the Canine Hydrotherapy Associations website and I can only see one in Scotland which is:

CANINE HYDROTHERAPY CENTRE

Isla Hargreaves

Unit 50 Whitehill Road, Whitehill Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Fife, KY6 2RP

Tel: 01592 773634

I've got no idea how near that is to Glasgow though :unsure:

It's about 60 miles between Glasgow and Glenrothes, it obviously depends on whereabouts in Glasgow you start from. I'm sure Jane ( celeste ) has had Spud at hydrotherapy and she lives in Fife, you could always send her a pm and see if she knows of another one.

Terri

Pet Therapy Veterinary Rehabilitation and Complementary Therapy Clinic

78 Stanley Street,

Kinning Park,

Glasgow, Scotland, G41 1JH

Tel: 0141 429 0019

[email protected]

www.pettherapy.co.uk

http://www.petsae.com/pettherapy.html

Pet Therapy is a veterinary rehabilitation and complementary therapy clinic.

We offer the following services:

Hydrotherapy

Physiotherapy

Osteopathy

McTimoney Chiropractor

Acupuncture

Reiki

Behaviour

Grooming

All these services are carried out or controlled by veterinary surgeons in our custom built facility. We are centrally located in Glasgow for easy access. Please click here to see a map. Pet Therapy is the only clinic of its kind nationwide and the only veterinary hydrotherapy pool in the Greater Glasgow area.

Fiona xx

Edited by Fiona711

Cheers for those I will pass on any I get but have generally found that once you connect the words Vet, veterinary, qualified etc to hydrotherapy which in effect is simply swimming, the price goes through the roof as though they are administering some form of water borne magic that only professionals can accomplish. My dear old Prince used to go the one near Stokenchurch just off the M40. It was just a heated pool but they provided all the equipment, flotation jackets, floating toys to keep him amused for £3 for half an hour!! Yes folks you read correctly £3. Admittedly this was in 1997/98 but even so Medivet in Watford were charging just over £20 for about ten minutes at that time. There are some that are even more expensive.

Cheers for those I will pass on any I get but have generally found that once you connect the words Vet, veterinary, qualified etc to hydrotherapy which in effect is simply swimming, the price goes through the roof as though they are administering some form of water borne magic that only professionals can accomplish. My dear old Prince used to go the one near Stokenchurch just off the M40. It was just a heated pool but they provided all the equipment, flotation jackets, floating toys to keep him amused for £3 for half an hour!! Yes folks you read correctly £3. Admittedly this was in 1997/98 but even so Medivet in Watford were charging just over £20 for about ten minutes at that time. There are some that are even more expensive.

Well by 2000 they had hiked their prices up rather more than £3/hr! Can't remember what we paid but it was definately much more than that but it is a nice set up.

I've had Spud at the Glenrothes one and it costs 40 quid for the first visit because your getting a consultation too and then it was 25 quid a session after that, very expensive.

The fancy Glasgow one sounds brilliant, why is all the good stuff always in Glasgow :(

Please check out any swimming pool before committing your dog, particularly if it is for some form of therapy.

I used one that was part of a vet surgery for an dog with arthritis. No records of the dog were kept, you saw a different person every time we went, so there was no continuity of care. Some had a better attitude to the dog than others.

My dog, who loved swimming, hated it and started shaking at the door after three weeks.

I stopped going then . Shortly afterwards I saw the one in Glenrothes advertised.

Isla showed me round, explained everything that would happen, took on board that dog was now terrified of a swimming pool, completed a full medical record and assessment. This record and assessment was updated each visit.

The first week, with gentle but firm persuasion my dog was in the pool. The second week she cried when she was taken out. The third week she was running to the front door and trying to jump in the pool by herself.

The difference was unbelievable.

The first one cost me three pounds a visit, the second one twenty pounds. But the extra cost was well worth it.

Well by 2000 they had hiked their prices up rather more than £3/hr! Can't remember what we paid but it was definately much more than that but it is a nice set up.

When we went a middle aged woman owned it but I understand she died in 1998 and her son took over but let it run down till he finally sold it. I took my Prince there for about six months before we placed him in a cart by which time with the Hydro he was like Arnold Swartenshepherd.