UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Cherry Needs Some More Good Thoughts Please

houndzrus

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. :flowers: I have had quite a successful day and bought manuka honey and arnica gel for the bruising. I have also finally found something that I could restyle into a wound cover. How impressed does Cherry look? :rolleyes:

5e706923fb8bd702aa15c22f520fd0a1.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Manuka honey does the trick. Cherry looks very fetching in her pj bottoms! :wub:

Thank you :flowers: I made it out of a child's romper suit :laugh: I cut the feet out, and put it on back-to -front so that I could leave a hole for her tail just by leaving a couple of poppers undone. The sleeves were used to tie it up. :rolleyes:

Edited by houndzrus

Thanks for good wishes for Cherry :flowers: Mixed reviews at the vets as the two ends of the wound are knitting together, but the middle is still very much a gap. This will not get better as the stitches will pull the skin soon and it is probably down to the histamines in the tumour making healing difficult, so it's wait and see time again :unsure: Should get the results of the swab on Thursday, and go back next Tuesday.

aw, poor girlie, hope it heals soon, Manuka is fantastic, even hospitals use it to combat MRSA, my friend was using it on her dogs tumour on her leg before she went in for her op to get it removed and it did help a lot by not making it not so red and inflamed, she's still in the Dick Vets now, (4 weeks now) getting a skin graft over her wound.

Sheena had an open wound for a while after she had her leg orf.

:ohmy: Poor Sheena, glad she's healed now though :flowers:

aw, poor girlie, hope it heals soon, Manuka is fantastic, even hospitals use it to combat MRSA, my friend was using it on her dogs tumour on her leg before she went in for her op to get it removed and it did help a lot by not making it not so red and inflamed, she's still in the Dick Vets now, (4 weeks now) getting a skin graft over her wound.

Spike finds the smell of the Manuka irresistible! I keep expecting him to try and have a "nibble :rolleyes:

Rufus TWD, no need to apologise, you had a lot to deal with yourself. :flowers:

I am heartened that the ends have healed, so I don't think all is lost yet. We just have to make sure no infection gets in. It is really good to have such good advice and support from others who understand :flowers:

Oh Marge, what a worry :(

Just out of interest, how long/wide is the non-healing gap?

Getting smaller, it's about a couple of inches, and the gap is small but maybe too wide to heal over. That's what happened last time.

look away now if you don't want to see, here is a picture...

The wound today (Keith's thumb is to give scale, he's not pulling the skin at all) it looks worse because of the Manuka...

d097d94745c08184e07893d7da443caf.jpg