UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Poppy

Poppy is five years old, a real sweetie. The vet thinks that she is part chihuahua - she is certainly very small and weighs only 3 kilos.

Last week she was run over and has had a leg amputated. The other leg is also damaged.

However, in a short time this brave little girl has learned to keep her balance and walk on 3 legs. Today her foster mum said that she mooched along a hedgerow for about 400 yards.

She will stay with her foster home until she is 100% well.

So what sort of home does Poppy need?

No other dogs - she is a people person

Someone around all day so that she can get the cuddles that she is used to

Someone who will tolerate her sleeping on their bed - that's what she's used to and she makes one heck of a fuss if she is denied the privilege

No children - that's why she's been taken away from her real home - her mum didn't want her to be played with roughly by her children

So a dogless, retired person in need of a very loving companion would be perfect

All homes will be homechecked.

It is too soon to spay Poppy after her op but she must be spayed as soon as it is safe to do so.

And here she is

pops2.jpg

pops1.jpg

She is the sweetest, tiniest little girl and deserves the best home :wub:

How does Poppy get on with cats??

Just a random thought from me. :unsure: I don't have cats, and am not wanting Poppy myself, but a friend of my Aunts lost a 15 year old Lab on Saturday and is thinking about taking an oldie/needy in. She has 2 oldie rescued cats.

I have not home visited the lady, but can if needed.

Kazz xx

Bless her, she has gt Chi in her for sure. We get lots of calls from older folks, who live alone wanting a little companion. Can she travel for the right home?

She can travel as long as her folk are prepared to come and collect her and be vetted by either Rachel or me. :biggrin: One of us would have to meet the person(s) before Poppy could go anywhere. So that limits us to Wales and the South West.

We have already had some home offers but not yet that special one where she could be an only dog, cuddled most of the day but also have exercise and a good, healthy diet.

Her foster mum says that she is getting stronger every day and is getting around fine. But it's early days for her yet. She won't be ready to go for a few weeks.