UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Magazine Have Printed My Tel. No.

tegk68

Oh has also just reminded me that until about three months ago, the clients of a criminal law solicitor used to forget the prefix for her mobile and ring him asking if he had their charge sheets etc for court the next day lol

He'd get calls at all hours :laugh:

I used to be one number short of the local priest. I used to get calls at all hours asking for the Father to go round for last rites :(

At work we are one number transposed with the local car spares place. Callers ignore the fact that we answer as surveyors, and ask if we have brake pads in stock. I swear one day i'll take the order...

Helen i would think there is a divert to a local call handler/agency for the adverts and it's probably BT getting the divert number wrong?

However, i think i'd consider offering advice on rates, and see just how many adverts you can take. They might employ you? :laugh:

I remember some-one once advertised their car in ad-trader and he then discovered there was a typo and the mag had printed our number instead. He rang us to apologise and if we got any calls to give them him number. Didnt actually receive 1 call about his car :laugh:

You bet it could be worse :laugh: When I was sharing a flat in London, our number ended up by mistake in an "adult contacts" magazine. As it happened, my flatmate did have ads in the local paper - a VW Beetle for sale, and a twin baby buggy wanted. We had some very strange phone conversations. Especially with the guy who said "I can offer you what you want, as soon as you like" and was delighted by my warm response. I thought he was offering us a twin buggy. The conversation went from bad to worse :unsure: and ended with both of us being rather disappointed!

I used to get wrong numbers for 'Dial-A-Ride' as they were one digit out..... i'm sure that casts aspersions on my character :laugh:

Yep, I can do that one too...

Kirisox: HELLO????

Punter: Hi, I need a ride as quick as possible. But I need your big one cos it's for 8 people

Kirisox: I'M SORRY, I THINK YOU'VE GOT THE WRONG NUMBER

Punter: No, we definitely need to fit 8 in

Hi Helen I have just called you and left a message on your answerphone, I have the paper in front of me call me back I will PM you too

Thank you :flowers: I went to the pub :rolleyes: but would love to catch up today.

Your stories are hysterical...'Dial-A-Ride' :laugh: and Owl :ohmy: :laugh: . SB. I'll see if their rates of pay are good enough today :cool:

Mystery solved, thanks to Jess&co. The number printer according to her copy of Retailer Express is the same as mine except for one digit. So I am just getting the muppets who can't dial correctly :rolleyes: :laugh:

that's ok probably adding more confusion!!!

Does this mean you will have a new job for a while selling for them???!

This thread has made me laugh. Asses and double buggies and the like.

The year I got married I was working to develop and launch a brand new coarse fishing club. Thousands and thousands of full colour leaflets and newspaper advertising.

Wedding fever had me in its grips: I had half a brain and I was running late to deadline. It all went to press and got distributed......with my mums home phone number and address in.

I had to bribe her to answer the phone nicely for 6 weeks.......