UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

The What Annoys Alison Thread

meandmy4?

Is there any possibility of Hostly Modly folks giving me special extra emoticon dispensation just for this thread? :unsure:

I overheat to the point of not being able to post when I run out of angry smileys (within the first sentence usually) and it would be a truly philanthropic gesture :flowers: Please :crazy1zhelp:

Bobbed in here now to read back and survived that nightmare :bur2: but when it came to responding, blood pressure monitor said NO before I'd even garnered a couple of quotes :(

In support of this request I would say 2 things:

• The SUEP would benefit
  • It would help me avoid resorting to the use of profanities

Yours in torment and expectation,

Alison xx

p.s. I promise not to use many of the big ones if that helps

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any possibility of Hostly Modly folks giving me special extra emoticon dispensation just for this thread? :unsure:

I overheat to the point of not being able to post when I run out of angry smileys (within the first sentence usually) and it would be a truly philanthropic gesture :flowers: Please :crazy1zhelp:

p.s. I promise not to use many of the big ones if that helps

You would have to be very thspechul for that Alison :flowers:

But then, perhaps you are :) given the torment you have endured.

Edited by nouggatti

I'm probably on the sh1t list for many reasons [being common and wearing nylon knickers occasionally may be enough]

My tea making is ritualistic and if it's not done this way I cannot drink it

Take one bone china cup or mug [the thinner the china, the better. Stoneware or thick chunky pottery will NOT do!]

Put two teaspoons of sugar and milk [semi skimmed] plus one teabag [pg tips usually]

Add boiling water, swish round with a spoon until desired colour is acheived [too strong is preferable to too weak but not overly strong]

Drink.

I too must have tea hot enough to slightly burn. Any cooler and it makes me gip.

I don't drink proper tea, never have never will, just ordinary PG tips or the like.

I'm probably on the sh1t list for many reasons [being common and wearing nylon knickers occasionally may be enough]

My tea making is ritualistic and if it's not done this way I cannot drink it

Take one bone china cup or mug [the thinner the china, the better. Stoneware or thick chunky pottery will NOT do!]

Put two teaspoons of sugar and milk [semi skimmed] plus one teabag [pg tips usually]

Add boiling water, swish round with a spoon until desired colour is acheived [too strong is preferable to too weak but not overly strong]

Drink.

I too must have tea hot enough to slightly burn. Any cooler and it makes me gip.

I don't drink proper tea, never have never will, just ordinary PG tips or the like.

Oh, I forgot the bone china mug! I never cared what I drank from until Rob's mum told me about her preference for drinking tea from a bone china cup/mug and she's right, it is better :biggrin: Although I will drink from another mug if pushed :glare: I do have a bone china mug which only I use, no one else is allowed it :unsure:

I don't drink posh tea either, just fair-trade (if poss) decaff. Peppermint too as that's great for when I'm feeling stressed. I'm not a fan of posh teas, though I have tried a few I've liked.

Sorry, I can't 'do' fruit teas :wacko:

I love cappucinos and lattes though.

Oh, sod it - if you're going to push me on it, cup (warmed by swilling it in boiling water), tea bag, sugar (doesn't matter which one comes first), water, steep for 30 seconds, squeeze excess out of tea bag, add milk. Not too hot that it burns either, I don't like wasting time waiting for the damn stuff to cool down.

There. That's me on the sh*t list too then :big2: :bigtongpul: :bigpunk: :D :bootyshake:

Edited by supafrisk

Can anybody tell me why tea at home is lovely but tea at work just tastes wrong? Work isn't far from home and Faringdon is so small we must surely all get our water from the same place? It was my colleague who said it was because if the water but I don't know. It makes my tea look almost greyish and it tastes yucky. I use the same milk (skimmed) and the same teabags.