UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Kaos

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK YOU EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY GWYN.

This to help me, hope you all understand?

I am very sad, as I made myself believe that they could help her, deep down I knew she was getting worse, but it was so, so hard as she wanted to stay with us, and her will to live was so, so strong.

Beauty suffered badly in her first 18 months, she was abused, beaten, tormented and lived in a one bed room house, with no gardens, left most days apparently tied up on a tree in front of the house, the other side of the pavement where people walked passed her and tormented her, and as she barked and screamed they would hit and throw things at her.

I heard about her going to be put to sleep as she was classed as a nervous agressive, not surprising really.

She came home with us in 1993, she was extremely hard work, very strong, no reasoning, knew no commands, showed agression to everyone and everything, apart from me and Andy. No one could come to the house, had to mussle her whilst walking her as she would lunge out at anything. She was a coiled spring ready to bounce at any opportunity,the amount of tears that I shed with that girl back in those days.

I needed help, and needed it quick, I contacted the RSPCA and got the top behaviourist, he came around, was very hard on her, so she bit him good a proper, he told me she is a very strong willed dog, and he suggested that we have her pts. Contacted another behaviourist, she came around, took one look at her, then politely said, there are so many good dogs in the world, why waste time on this one.

I was on my own, read everything, tried everything, walked around the pubs at night asking people to give her treats, took her to endless car boots, took her in town, to get used to people being around her. Poor Andy used to have to climb out of the sitting room window, with loads of different clothes and hats and change at the door and pretend he was a vistor.

In time we worked through many of her issues, but the thing that happened was us starting to understand each other, we had truly bonded.

Beauty, was a wonderful loyal girl to me, she was as obient as you could have ever wanted a dog, she knew my body lanuage, as I knew hers. She was my shadow, no one else could walk her, or feed her, she waited by door when I left, till I returned. She protected me from everyone and everything, she had no fear of anything and stayed strong till the last.

Beauty took lots of hard work, I knew that she would have to leave me one day, and I knew that day would be very hard for me.

I have lost a remarkable friend, if only you all knew as I did, Beauty I will always miss you, go play with all my other dear friends, keep safe and we will be back together one day. LOVE YOU