UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Anyone See Animal 24-7 Bbc 1

greytgirl

Within the program today the RSPCA inspector were called about a poorly pup, too young to be away from its mum. The inspector took the pup and found out where its mum and rest of pups were, when she found them, they were living alone in a disgusting flat, no food or water, the poor mum had VERY bad mastitis :mecry: the pups nails were so long, they had literally laid there since they were born..poo and wee everywhere :mecry: ...now the sad thing is, the mum is a pit bull, he has been just breeding and breeding from her and selling the pups FAR too young..not sure about the pups yet, they were too young to determine what their dad is?

They are all still awaiting a decision and thats all that was said...she is a l;ovely little girl, so thin, but such a waggy girl and wanting cuddles from the inspector :mecry: Made me so sad....poor mum and pups :mecry:

I saw it too but was left a bit confused, if the mum has been id'd as a Pit type then the pups are of type too surely :unsure:

I think the programm just covered up the fact the pups would be destroyed so as not to offend viewers and avoid the RSPCA getting complaints, unfortunatly they also missed a golden oppertunity to highlight what a joke the DDA is :(

I saw it too but was left a bit confused, if the mum has been id'd as a Pit type then the pups are of type too surely :unsure:

I think the programm just covered up the fact the pups would be destroyed so as not to offend viewers and avoid the RSPCA getting complaints, unfortunatly they also missed a golden oppertunity to highlight what a joke the DDA is :(

I'm afraid that's the conclusion I reached too, that the fate of the pups would be covered up.

They also could've made more of that fact that the general public should be aware of buying from back yard breeders :(.

Isn't that one of the mad things about the law though - that even a pup with 2 'type' parents is not necessarily 'type' itself, and that a mix of 2 completely non-type dogs, eg a boxer x staffy, could end up as 'type' if it inherits the wrong features of each parent?

Does seem a missed chance to get the point over, I agree. Presumably the result will hang on what the father was that time?

The RSPCA women did tell the woman who called about the pup her son had bought that the pup was far too young and should not be away from its mother and that pups should only be bought from a reputable breeder , the poor pup was being fed on baby milk poor wee mite :(

They said about them not knowing what breed of dog the father was, so they could not tell if the pups were of type or not , how confusing did they have to make it for ordinary people who are not up to speed on the ins and outs of the DDA ? I also found it very worrying that the narrator said that the mum could be a banned breed in britain unless the owner has a licence , where did that come from ? People are confused enough about the DDA so you would think the makers of the program would make sure he at least had his facts right.

That poor wee girl was half starved, no food no water trying to raise her puppies in such squallor , but even with what she had been through she was such a happy waggy, if very scared girl , who showed no aggression what so ever when the police kicked the door in and went in to get her and the pups out , even though the noise of that must have been really scarey for her , how many other nursing mums would have at the very least growled at the police if they had went anywhere near their puppies?

When the police brought all the pups outside to where she was she still never let out a single growl , she did have a wee bark but not aimed at anyone , so much for the dangerous fighting dog eh ?

So sad for both mum and pups

Fiona xx