UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Has Any One Tried Plaque Off?

melissa

Snoopy Doople had 4 teeth out today & an extensive clean - I have only had her 6 months but her teeth were clearly in need of attention when she came (foul breath -brown etc) the vet has told me to stop dentasticks as he said you may as well give your dog pure fat! he reckons this powder which is made from seaweed added to their food with no known side effects helps loosen the plaque/tartar etc. just wondered if anyone else has tried it before I invest in a big tub :rolleyes:

Yes we have. It does loosen the plaque and makes it easier to pick off their teeth. The first time we used it we didn't rate it at all, but then someone recommended we give a chewy/bone in order to help the plaque come off.

Within a couple of weeks of starting it I was able to sit and pick it off their teeth easily using just my finger nail. Sounds gross but I love it :laugh:

I've heard mixed things about it, some people love it others say it's crap, Abby came to me with really manky teeth and I was told to try her with fish4dogs sea jerky and I must admit it has made a difference, her teeth look a lot cleaner than they did and her breath now stinks of fish instead of elephant dung. You can buy them at P@H and the last time I was there some of it was bogof, you can also get them direct from the company....Fish4dogs.

Terri

I've heard mixed reports of plaque off, some people swear by it and others say it makes no difference but reading this I wonder if the people who don't rate it aren't giving bones or chews as well to actually remove the plaque?

I give my lot the Fish4Dogs sea jerky and I think it's helped their teeth, particularly Taz as his were quite yellow and look lovely and white now - and of course they absolutely love it!

I have been using it with the fish4dogs for the last couple of weeks on my three.Did a teef inspection today and they all look quite good including a 12 year old,don't know which is helping most but will continue with the combination.

The vet recommended we put Molly on this about 6 months ago as we had got as much plague off as we could using dried foods and chews etc but her breath still stank and it still looked quite bad, 6 months on and apart from a bit on the top of her canines the plague has gone and her breath is much improved, we don't feed many treat although what we do are generally hard/chewy and they have a dried only diet and Molly likes to lay and chew on a cotton ragger :flowers:

We use it and its made a real difference with mich's teeth over the months!

He usually gets carrots regularly to help take off the plaque. His back teeth have cleaned up well but his canines need extra help with a finger brush because he doesnt chew with them.

Id say definitly worth a try over a couple of months