UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Woman Pays £75,000 To Have Her Pit Bull Cloned

merledogs

I must admit, I too looked at this & thought idiot, crazy etc? or, just a woman grieving for a dearly missed friend & with enough cash to desperately try & do something about it?

As much as there are always dogs out there in need of a home & we all know it couldn't presently be guaranteed etc if, just if we actually genuinely knew that we could somehow recapture a moment with those dearly missed friends, or at least as near as we could possibly get to doing so and the money wasn't an issue can any of us really say 100% we wouldn't even be remotely tempted? :unsure:

I know when Jo left us I'd have given anything for it not to be so hence, like Pingu, I'm not so sure whether I could have just walked away from that chance either.

I feel a bit sad for the woman really, but angry with the company that's prepared to do this/charge her so much. I feel really uncomfortable about the concept of cloning.

I'm sure we'd all jump at the chance to have more time with our beloved babes, I just don't believe - not that I'm an expert on cloning - that doing things this way would give that to me.

If I think about whether I would do it if the cost was say £500 rather than £75k, then I really don't think it is a route I would ever want to take. I adored the dogs I have had before and the ones I have now and will adore those I have in the future - I don't feel any of them are replaceable in terms of an exact copy, so I would rather just have a different dog and love them for who they are :wub:

If I think about whether I would do it if the cost was say £500 rather than £75k, then I really don't think it is a route I would ever want to take. I adored the dogs I have had before and the ones I have now and will adore those I have in the future - I don't feel any of them are replaceable in terms of an exact copy, so I would rather just have a different dog and love them for who they are :wub:

That's exactly how I feel but couldn't find the words to say, thank you :flowers:

Well said Ange!

As devastated as I know I'll be when Mal's time is up, there's no way I'd have him cloned. The new dog would be one who bears an uncanny resemblance, but he just wouldn't be Mal :( Plus I think that it wouldn't be fair on the dog either, who is not expected to be anything but the 'old' dog who has died.

I have had many dogs in my life and I loved every one of them dearly and they took a piece of my heart with them when they died. But what I love about dogs is their diversity that each dog is different from the other even if they are of the same breed and/or littermates etc.

I could own a billion and would still not do it, I have huge issues with meddling with Mother Nature like that.

Think this is quite sad. Do agree with you EGAR.

This dog will be a clone and not the dead dog reborn. Hope the lady loves the clone and isn't disapointed with any peronality differences and the dog isn't the most expensive poundie in history.