UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Urgent Help Needed

doggy.lover

I have left a message on the Oldies Club ansaphone but this is extremely urgent and I thought posting here may help in case the message isn't received.

I have tonight been notified of a 17yr old lab x bitch who has been dumped at my local vets by the owners because she needs a cyst operating on. It has been confirmed as a cyst not a tumour but the owners don't want to pay anything and have signed her over. :( :(

The RSPCA are due to collect her tomorrow and we all know what will happen to her then.

Can anyone please help? I'm sure the RSPCA would let a rescue take her on. She is in good health other than this cyst.

I will be monitoring this thread and my pm's so please if anyone either from the Oldies or another rescue can help please pm me or post here with contact details

thanks

:)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea if any of these can help:

Labrador Rescue North West

Mrs G Fryer, Blackburn, Lancs. Tel: 01254 207660.

Email: [email protected]

www.helpalabrador.co.uk

And these two I hadn't heard of until this evening:

Labrador Welfare

Mrs K Davis (Chairman), Goole, North Humberside. Tel: 01405 766753

Miss J Roberts (Secretary), Sheffield, S Yorks. Tel: 01142 661756

North West Labrador Retriever Club Rescue

Mrs P Balshaw (Co-ordinator), Blackpool, Lancs. Tel: 01142 450044

Mrs M Wilkinson, Chorley, Lancs. Tel: 01257 480968

Can I crosspost the details to a labrador forum? And could you PM me a telephone number that I can pass on if someone can help?

Must say my local RSPCA branch wouldn't pts unless the vet advised for the sake of the dog - they've taken in dogs up to age 18 who have gone on to find great new homes, just so people don't assume all RSPCA branches automatically pts oldies :flowers:

No idea if any of these can help:

Labrador Rescue North West

Mrs G Fryer, Blackburn, Lancs. Tel: 01254 207660.

Email: [email protected]

www.helpalabrador.co.uk

And these two I hadn't heard of until this evening:

Labrador Welfare

Mrs K Davis (Chairman), Goole, North Humberside. Tel: 01405 766753

Miss J Roberts (Secretary), Sheffield, S Yorks. Tel: 01142 661756

North West Labrador Retriever Club Rescue

Mrs P Balshaw (Co-ordinator), Blackpool, Lancs. Tel: 01142 450044

Mrs M Wilkinson, Chorley, Lancs. Tel: 01257 480968

Can I crosspost the details to a labrador forum? And could you PM me a telephone number that I can pass on if someone can help?

Must say my local RSPCA branch wouldn't pts unless the vet advised for the sake of the dog - they've taken in dogs up to age 18 who have gone on to find great new homes, just so people don't assume all RSPCA branches automatically pts oldies :flowers:

Yes - please do cross post to anyone that may be able to help this poor old girl. Sadly but understandably the oldies club is already full to bursting :(

Will crosspost, if you can PM a tel no, maybe for the vets(?), that would be great, just in case someone can help.

I know time is of the essence, but you don't know happen to know how lab like she is do you? I know some breed rescues will take first crosses if they have space.

Will crosspost, if you can PM a tel no, maybe for the vets(?), that would be great, just in case someone can help.

I know time is of the essence, but you don't know happen to know how lab like she is do you? I know some breed rescues will take first crosses if they have space.

Not sure as I haven't seen her. I will speak to the RSPCA lady tomorrow as I have a vet appointment with one of my lot in the morning anyway

Not sure as I haven't seen her. I will speak to the RSPCA lady tomorrow as I have a vet appointment with one of my lot in the morning anyway

OK, well I have put a thread up on a lab forum just in case anyone can help, but would obviously need a contact tel no to pass on if they could :flowers:

Everything crossed for her.

Angie

I have picked this up on LF, I can help with this tomorrow if you want me to, there is a small rescue in Warrington that may take her and I think more than likely that Lab Rescue Southern England may very well help.

Can you call me and let me know what's happening.