UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Animal Auction

celeste

This is from another forum <link removed> It's just so wrong :(

You would think there would be legislation to prevent this sort of selling.

Please complain to the site and RSPCA and anyone else you can think off , as if it wasn't bad enough being able to buy animals over the internet, the mind boggles at the sort of person who would buy a pet in this way :(

Edited by ReikiAnge
Link removed

I'm not sure I can see the difference between classified adverts and auction websites really; it was inevitable that someone would set up an animal auction site, because e-bay don't allow animals to be listed on it's uk site.

I doubt the Kennel Club has any regulations that would address this - kennel club registered puppies are advertised on the internet every single day, and this is no different, is it?

The site now has the following notice on the homepage

Live Animals Can NOT Be Offered As "Buy It Nows" or "Auctions" As This Is Not Ethically Correct. Live Animals May Only Be Listed As "Classified" Advertisements... (please see Terms & Conditions)

(ANY "PUPPY FARMERS" OR BAD BREEDERS OF ANY ANIMALS REPORTED TO US WILL HAVE MEMBERSHIP TERMINATED WITHOUT REVIEW)

Registration Confirmation takes 24 hours

There now only appear to be the doberman and spaniels on the site but they are still being offered for auction, will check again tomorrow.

At least I got a reply from the 'Kennel Club'

Thank you for your comments. The Kennel Club is aware of this site, and whilst we completely condemn it (a Press Release will be issued later today to that effect), we are not in any position of authority to close it down. We have no legal jurisdiction over what websites go online, but we are looking in to other possible courses of action against the website.

You may also want to write to your MP about the issue as it is Parliament that ultimately regulates what websites are permitted.

Rob Flint

The whole thing just gets odder, all the dogs were being sold by the same person, he went from living in Wales one day to living in Shropshire the next, he's also the "owner " of the site.

I haven't had any reply from the RSPCA yet

There's a big thread about it on DP

I bet he's wishing he'd never started the site in the first place now :rolleyes:

If he was then he could have taken it off line. My bet is he wants an outlet for his own dogs. :rolleyes: :(

It is too easy these days to get a dog. Bad enough with the "free ads" But auctions and buy it now in this type of manner OMG. :mad:

Kazz xx