UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

Congratulations to all the weight loosing Fugees. :partytime:

I have now lost 2st and have another 8lbs ish to lose, I lsot the first 1st 6lbs by eating better and exercising more, then stopped losing, gained a bit back and lost heart. My sister suggested I tried a diet called Lipotrim that is controlled by the local pharmacist (sounds a bit like the Cambridge Diet thingy) and in 3 weeks I have lost 1st and am still going strong. :bigsmiley:

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, signing up for this, because there's no more denying that I need to lose a stone. Now where do I start? :unsure:

I don't know that there is an answer to that. There are lots of different ways of doing it so I guess you need to find what suits you.

The general rule is take in less calories than your body uses, but not a drastic cut, they say reduce your intake it by no more than 10 - 15%. You can work out your BMR (the calories that your body needs per day). If you would like a hand to do that then feel free to ask :)

I had gained a stone and I have very slowly lost almost 3/4 of it by making a few changes, such as no eating after 8pm (I used to literally scoff snacks late at night), walking to work a few times a week, plus some running (though this has been sporadic, and recently non existant due to bad back etc).

Hmmm, I might have worded this the wrong way :wacko: Mine is a "where do I start" as in you notice that your house is an absolute pig sty and in desperate need of cleaning and tidying (as is the case, quite literally, with my flat as well!)! I've decided that the way forward will be eliminating junk food from my diet during the week (how convenient that it's Saturday afternoon! :rolleyes:) and I've just made a visit to Fitness First, the gym, to see if I could be remotely motivated to join up and do some work. Not sure yet if it floats my boat, have given myself a couple of days to ponder over it. At the moment I'm cycling to work, but that's only 2 1/2 miles each way, and I walk Mal and Kiera, but as that has to be tailored to Mal's abilities, 10-15 mile treks in the Peaks are not on the agenda anymore, so current amount of exercise is totally insufficient. I wish that I'd love running, but as it stands I hate it! Thai boxing was great, but I'm not too keen on the club any more and the only other local one is waaay too hardcore! I wouldn't even survive the warm up! :ohmy: So gym it might well be ..... and salads during the week!:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just realised this thread has been quiet for a while :unsure: How's everyone doing?

I have been sticking around 11st 7 for the last few weeks but when I got weighed last week had dropped another two, so back down to 11st 5lbs :biggrin: Still want to get down to 11st though :rolleyes: :laugh:

Hope all the Fugee Dieters are doing well still :flowers:

I have grown by 3lbs. I have not been able to run for 4 weeks now (I tried once about 2 weeks ago and just made my foot worse) so that will account for some of it. I'm on holiday from work and skint so not alot to do really apart from go to the allotment. I'm mostly sitting around and eating cos I am bored. Also since Grandad died last week I have not been very on top of things and that includes eating proper food - I kept scoffing junk.

I put a pound on last week which took me a bit out of my comfort zone so I dieted this week and lost two pounds which put me back in my slimming world target range. I think that I am not going to get weighed there over the boys school hols and see how it goes, If I need to lose a few pounds again in September, I know that I can do it :)

It is hard not to put on weight at times like that, Abigail :GroupHug: :flowers:

Edited by Gemstone

Well done everyone :biggrin: I lost 3lb last week and am half a pound off my 3 stone award :partytime: I am so very pleased that I won't be waddling down the aisle of the registry office. I weighed 14 stone 10lb and its the first time in years that I've been in the 11 stone range :biggrin:

Since being ill I have lost 4lbs, but I expect it will go back on when I start eating normally :wacko:

In reality I am 6lbs off my target of 9st 7lbs. In the 6 months since I have been going to the gym I have lost 20" from my body. I am amazed because I did not think it would really work for me, but am very pleased to find out that I have toned up.

Edited by lazydaisy

I have kept meaning to join in, but never got round to posting!

I started doing Atkins about 10 weeks ago and have lost 2st2 with about another stone/stone and a half to go.

Now I'm into it it's not difficult, but thought I'd post as I have started cheating a bit and my weight loss has dramatically slowed down.

Back on the wagon for me...lol

So many are doing so well....We can do it!!!!

Mandy

I have discovered that I can do CD here. There is a CDC in another garrison and a friend of mine has started and asked if it as possible for me to do it and was told that it can be done by mail and telephone counselling.

How do people find doing CD when they have a family around them eating (not one member of my family need to lose weight so not able to get them to do it aswell).

Just need to pluck that little bit of courage up to make the call. I am sick to death of being fat. Slimming World is no longer right for me. Wendberts photos have really inspired me and now I know I can do it here.

I am halfway though my first full day of CD. I had a soup last night (Oriental chilli...yum) and have had two shakes today, just had toffee and walnut (OMG delicious). I haven't felt particularly hungry even with Steve eating a quiche and salad :wacko: