UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

I have discovered that I can do CD here. There is a CDC in another garrison and a friend of mine has started and asked if it as possible for me to do it and was told that it can be done by mail and telephone counselling.

How do people find doing CD when they have a family around them eating (not one member of my family need to lose weight so not able to get them to do it aswell).

Just need to pluck that little bit of courage up to make the call. I am sick to death of being fat. Slimming World is no longer right for me. Wendberts photos have really inspired me and now I know I can do it here.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, thank you :blush:

I live on my own so it was never a problem. Does your friend have family so she could tell you how she's coping, or the CDC should be able to give you some ideas/info. My mum did CD but my dad used to eat in the dining room and she'd stay out of the kitchen while he was preparing food :rolleyes:

Good luck :flowers:

Well done on the weight losses everyone :flowers:

I was just looking at the Cambridge Diet website, it says it's about £35.00 a week, is this the total cost, or are there extras? It also says that after about 3 days you stop feeling hungry - is this accurate?

well done every one

bit of a serious 5 minutes from me

I am no longer weighing myself as I can get obsessive ( 10 years ago I was underweight and very obsessive ) and I felt myself getting like that a few months back after I overheard someone saying I looked huge ( after telling me to my face I looked slim )

I suddenly found myself on the scales numerous times a day with a and I knew I was heading down a slippery path so I shoved the scales in the loft and took a break from the whole thing

I am back to eating sensbily and I know I have lost some weight as my jeans don't stay up :blush02: but I can't commit to weighing and updating as I really feel there is a thin line ( for me ) between dieting and an eating disorder and life if too short to obsess about my body image all day ( and I could if I did not watch myself )

soooo I am back in here looking for recipies for lovely real food and packed lunch type things

well done every one

bit of a serious 5 minutes from me

I am no longer weighing myself as I can get obsessive ( 10 years ago I was underweight and very obsessive ) and I felt myself getting like that a few months back after I overheard someone saying I looked huge ( after telling me to my face I looked slim )

I suddenly found myself on the scales numerous times a day with a and I knew I was heading down a slippery path so I shoved the scales in the loft and took a break from the whole thing

I am back to eating sensbily and I know I have lost some weight as my jeans don't stay up :blush02: but I can't commit to weighing and updating as I really feel there is a thin line ( for me ) between dieting and an eating disorder and life if too short to obsess about my body image all day ( and I could if I did not watch myself )

soooo I am back in here looking for recipies for lovely real food and packed lunch type things

Hi Sam

I'd still like to donate the £10 I pledged to Dogstar. Please can you send me the payment details as I Paypaled in the past but read you were having trouble

:flowers:

Well done on the weight losses everyone :flowers:

I was just looking at the Cambridge Diet website, it says it's about £35.00 a week, is this the total cost, or are there extras? It also says that after about 3 days you stop feeling hungry - is this accurate?

That's about right, cost wise. The foodpacks are individually priced and you buy 21 per week. Unless you are very tall, in which case its 28.

The hunger does disappear after a few days. You do go through a 'cold turkey' stage as your body gets used to not having carbs etc but after that, you'll be fine. It's not easy, but it works and its quick. If you want to know any more, feel free to PM me :flowers:

Well I'm not sure where you are working these days, but I was in London last week and found the best salad I'd ever eaten. I got it from Leon (there are 8 in London - dunno if you ever go in there?). I had an original superfood salad (broccoli, avocado, quinoa, peas, feta, alfalfa and seeds, with lemon and olive oil). Cor it was so nice I had it three days running.

They also have sweet potato falafel that are v tasty (though I suspect you dislike sweet potato - can't remember for sure). You can have em in a wrap with slaw or you can have em with brown rice and other stuff. Breakfast is good there too. I had porridge with strawberry compote, and a carrot and orange juice.

When I come down to Hyde Park for the run this month I will be going to Leon for my lunch :D

Well I'm not sure where you are working these days, but I was in London last week and found the best salad I'd ever eaten. I got it from Leon (there are 8 in London - dunno if you ever go in there?). I had an original superfood salad (broccoli, avocado, quinoa, peas, feta, alfalfa and seeds, with lemon and olive oil). Cor it was so nice I had it three days running.

They also have sweet potato falafel that are v tasty (though I suspect you dislike sweet potato - can't remember for sure). You can have em in a wrap with slaw or you can have em with brown rice and other stuff. Breakfast is good there too. I had porridge with strawberry compote, and a carrot and orange juice.

When I come down to Hyde Park for the run this month I will be going to Leon for my lunch :D

ooooh I think there is one near Holland Park which is a short walk from one of my building sites , it sounds fab and I lurve sweet potato

you need to email Mark or I the details of the run missues so we can do the biz for you ( if its the run I am thinking off )

you need to email Mark or I the details of the run missues so we can do the biz for you ( if its the run I am thinking off )

I think I sent it to your dogstar one. Will do it again incase.

I'm in love with Leon. I had a 3 day conference last week and took a map with all Leons circled on it so that I knew where to get suitable food :rolleyes: :laugh:

Edited by Abigailj

Leon sounds fab, is it a southern chain or do they venture North :unsure:

I've put back on the weight I lost at the turn of the year, plus some. I seem to spend my life wrestling with the same 1.5-2 stone and I don't know why I can't just keep it off. I'm inspired by everyone's achievements in this thread and all my clothes look hideous so I must have another go.

What does everyone take to work as a packed lunch? I usually buy some cooked chicken and salad but it's costing a fortune so I need to go DIY.

"My favourite lunches" by Morag, age 29 and a half :rolleyes:

Homemade veg soup (usually with lentils or split peas in it to bulk it out)

with oatcakes/hummus/sliced tomato (but make this bit up as you eat it to save mess in the lunch box :laugh:

Homemade soup

with smallish salad (salad leaves, munchy seeds, beetroot, cucumber, chopped sweet pepper)

Tuna mayo (whole tin!) with larger salad as above

Quinoa or buckwheat boiled in veg stock, mixed with mayo, chopped sweet pepper, garlic salt and

• smoked salmon trimmings (dead cheap and nice)
  • chopped smoked sausage
  • tin of mixed pulses in vinaigrette
  • marinated tofu pieces
  • anything handy you have left over
  • smoked mackerel (dead cheap in packs of 3, just pull it apart and add)

As you can probably tell I don't eat wheat! But all of the above make great lunches and easy to prep in the morning while you eat your breakfast :)