UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

I now confess that we were away last week (so no weigh in).

I wasn’t completely bad, but we did have one or two meals out , a cooked breakfast or two, a milky drink one night and there was a lot of home made cakes travelled with us ………. and less came back! But I was still fairly disciplined

However, I came back thinking “maybe a little gain, but hopefully I can at least be near what I was before I went on holiday in time for my weigh in this Friday.â€

That was Sunday, but now I’m having a really bad non-healthy eating week, and while I think some could see this as an excuse, I’ve a feeling it has much to do with being back at work yesterday. Nuff said!

However, I need to get my act together, brain in gear, motivate myself again, give myself a good shaking and start thinking positive (and throw that empty crisp packet that’s on my desk in the bin!)

So, I can’t let myself, or Mrs HGLS down, so someone had better help me sort myself out before Friday!

Meantime, talking of Mrs HGLS, I’ve been reading what you’ve been overhearing your work colleague say. Now listen carefully – they’re not worth it! How do YOU feel? It’s quite obvious that before they expressed thei r ninny opinions via their big mouths, that you were feeling good about yourself, and how you looked, and what you had achieved – and that is worth much more than someone else’s ill-informed opinion that’s for sure.

Whose opinion do you value anyway at the end of the day? And what are they saying about you?

Hoping that you’ll be there on the day I’m going to Crufts so I can check out the slim-line Sam that I’ve been hearing so much about.

So there!

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendy, we are the same height, I have settled around ten stone seven, I got to my target of ten four but then put on three pounds and settled at this weight. I am a 12 bottom and a 14 top though sometimes still buy a bigger top cos I have big boobs :rolleyes: I still feel fat sometimes but I never set out ot be an eight or a ten anyway, just wanted to look sort of normal which I guess I do and so do you :biggrin: :flowers:

SW allow you to go three pounds above your target and I am maintaining that so far :)

Thank you :flowers:

I was going to ask how tall you are as I think you look great :biggrin:

Missus Stone my bars arrived this morning thank you thank you

I am sure I owe you now ?

I dunno :unsure: Call it even :)

First class is very slow these days :mad: I posted them on Friday!!

I didn't buy any today though as had no cash with me :rolleyes: Give me a shout when you want some more :flowers:

Thanks Wendy :flowers:

Wendy you have done really well... and everyone should enjoy themselves at Christmas!

I have not been doing very well this week. I have alot of extra work on and not much time for myself... hence no running for 10 days now and no gym either. I have been making the effort to take good lunches to work but I've been more hungry than usual and still ended up going downstairs for an extra snack. Not alot of time to cook in the evening this past week either so eating some bad things.

Only 2 1/2 weeks til Sport Relief 3 miles and 3 1/2 weeks til snowboarding.

I've been and weighed - lost 4lbs :biggrin:

Very well done Wendy - not much more to go - you should be so proud of yourself :flowers:

I lost 3 stone and have kept it off for 9 months now, mentally I wasn't ready to continue but now feel I am.

Esp as if I loose it I'm going to be taken on a wonderful holiday to the Caribbean or some such exotic place... thats should motivate me! :rolleyes:

Firstly, well done for losing 3 stone and for keeping it off - not an easy task :flowers:

And a holibob in the Caribbean would certainly motivate me :biggrin:

SW allow you to go three pounds above your target and I am maintaining that so far :)

Well done Gemstone :flowers:

I need to get my act together, brain in gear, motivate myself again, give myself a good shaking and start thinking positive (and throw that empty crisp packet that’s on my desk in the bin!)

So, I can’t let myself, or Mrs HGLS down, so someone had better help me sort myself out before Friday!

We all have little blips Mrs B - in my case, a very big blip - but you'll get back on track - especially with all the help and support available from fellow fugees :biggrin:

Haven't lost any for a while but at least I haven't put it back on either - a new job and a poorly doglet just make chocolate too much of a comfort factor :rolleyes:

Got the big test this week.

Leaving tomorrow to pick up a certain danish forum member. Bit worried about surviving with just my packs and bars on the journey :unsure:

You'll be fine :flowers: Take plenty of water too as that will fill you up. And plan your journey with service stations in mind :wink: :GroupHug: