UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

The only real thing i am struggling with is finding a sweetner. I can't drink tea or coffee without sugar, and the sweetners i've tried have left a horrible after taste.

Have you tried the one by Silver Spoon. It has a jar with a yellow lid. Actually I think they just changed it to pink/purple. OH uses that instead of the 3 sugars he has in every hot drink. It must be pretty close to sugar taste if he will use it.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have too. To be honest i don't see how i can possibly lose weight. I haven't been naughty but, i'm used to point counting and calorie counting. I don't know if my portion sizes are too big or anything :wacko: I've not had any syns at all. :ohmy:

The only real thing i am struggling with is finding a sweetner. I can't drink tea or coffee without sugar, and the sweetners i've tried have left a horrible after taste.

Well done sam and di :flowers:

Have you tried Splenda? I got onto that when I was at SWorld as I have 2 sugars per cup and was having 7 cups of tea per day :wacko: I tried all other sorts of sweetner but Splenda's the only one I can get on with as it doesn't have aspartame in it (thats what causes that funny after-taste) :flowers:

The thing with SW is you *can* pig out on free foods and as long as you're sticking to everything else you *will* lose weight. I did and I'm a total glutton :laugh:

Have you tried the one by Silver Spoon. It has a jar with a yellow lid. Actually I think they just changed it to pink/purple. OH uses that instead of the 3 sugars he has in every hot drink. It must be pretty close to sugar taste if he will use it.

I don't think i've seen that one. I'll have a look thankyou :flowers:

Have you tried Splenda? I got onto that when I was at SWorld as I have 2 sugars per cup and was having 7 cups of tea per day :wacko: I tried all other sorts of sweetner but Splenda's the only one I can get on with as it doesn't have aspartame in it (thats what causes that funny after-taste) :flowers:

The thing with SW is you *can* pig out on free foods and as long as you're sticking to everything else you *will* lose weight. I did and I'm a total glutton :laugh:

I haven't worked my way round to splenda yet :laugh: I#ll get them both from asda.

It's the whole free food that i'm finding strange. I've spent such a long time following weightwatchers, the change is quite a shock. Food i had to count with weightwatchers is free with slimmingworld. Let's see what the scales say on wednesday :unsure: :laugh: It's nice to know there's people here though :flowers:

I have just given myself a huge shock :mecry: .

I knew my weight was way above recommended guidelines but I didn't think I actually looked too bad but every chart I've looked at (and that's been a lot) classes me as obese :ohmy:

So then I got the tape measure out and I just kept re-doing the measurements cos I didn't believe them - there's no getting away from it - I'm huge :mecry: :mecry:

So I have given myself a severe talking to and am joining you folks on diet 2008 :unsure:

I have the willpower of a gnat so am relying on all you good fugees to keep inspiring me. I keep looking at the before and after photos of Wendbert - they really do inspire me - you are absolutely amazing Wendy :flowers:

I am gonna start on SW, which I have done before, and which did shift some of the excess blubber. I've just got to keep at it this time :biggrin:

And I do need to find some sort of exercise that I like doing .... or I will fail at that.

So here goes good fugees, fingers crossed for me.

I WANT TO BE SLIM !!!!

Val :GroupHug:

When I went and got weighed last year, I cried all the way home, I was so horrified by what the scales said.

If its any consolation, my BMI was in the 'morbidly obese' range before :ohmy: You can do it and you will do it and we will all support each other :flowers: :GroupHug:

:flowers: WELL DONE to all those who have lost weight this week, I am going to wait until next week to check my weight loss (hopefully :unsure: ) I have been looking at the jeans I was wearing in the summer, can't fit them just now but they WILL BE MINE AGAIN SOON!!!!!! :glare:

I don't suppose having a McD helped today, but it is all I have had :huh: I might have soup later.

I have just given myself a huge shock :mecry: .

I knew my weight was way above recommended guidelines but I didn't think I actually looked too bad but every chart I've looked at (and that's been a lot) classes me as obese :ohmy:

So then I got the tape measure out and I just kept re-doing the measurements cos I didn't believe them - there's no getting away from it - I'm huge :mecry: :mecry:

So I have given myself a severe talking to and am joining you folks on diet 2008 :unsure:

I have the willpower of a gnat so am relying on all you good fugees to keep inspiring me. I keep looking at the before and after photos of Wendbert - they really do inspire me - you are absolutely amazing Wendy :flowers:

I am gonna start on SW, which I have done before, and which did shift some of the excess blubber. I've just got to keep at it this time :biggrin:

And I do need to find some sort of exercise that I like doing .... or I will fail at that.

So here goes good fugees, fingers crossed for me.

I WANT TO BE SLIM !!!!

YOU CAN BE SLIM AND WE WILL BE HERE TO HELP YOU ( honest ) :GroupHug:

I think exercise does help but Slimming world is the best way I have found of eating loads ( I like that bit ) but it also eating in a way that is really long term and healthy and it does not feel like a "diet"

are you going to join a class or do it at home ? , I am doing it at home with my books from 2005 and I also brought a load of the last years SW Magazines dirt cheap of ebay as they have fab recipes in

tomorrow I will type out a few green day recipes I have either tried or am going to try this week

:biggrin:

I don't suppose having a McD helped today, but it is all I have had :huh: I might have soup later.

watch Supersize me and I promise you will never eat a MaccyD again :ninja:

:mecry: I have watched bits of it, but still eat 'em. Not nearly as much as I used to though, I don't have them very often but sometimes feel the urge :(

watch it all and I promise you that you won't want to eat there again ( its scary beyond belief )

we watched it as a family when it came out on DVD and none of us have ever eaten in there since ( and I used to love an egg muffin and hash brown )

if you get the DVD watch the extras including the experiment with the Mac Donald's food in the airtight jars :sick01:

There is a book that accompanies the film ( which I have if anyone wants to borrow it )

Welcome aboard Val :GroupHug:

funnily enough Sam I think I'll pass :sick01:

Sian went to her first Latin/Ballroom class today and loved it.....and I may be going to the adults class in the week, as the tap dancing fell by the wayside :rolleyes:

All together now 1,2 cha cha cha :laugh:

Edited by chasta

I feel I have been a good girl again today (although I haven't added up to see if I've eaten all I should yet!)

If I can keep this up tomorrow, that means that by the time I'm back at work on Monday I'll be three days in to my "healthy eating" and should find it easier to behave.

(Says she who's just looked at her schedule for the week!)