UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A New Diet Thread For 2008

Wendbert

Oooh Wendy a huge well done to you - you look amazing :flowers:

I feel like a right tubby so and so at the moment. You know when you're just sat normally and can feel your tumtum sitting in a couple of little folds over the top of your jeans and your love handles podging out at the side.

Steve's just as bad as me though when it comes to having a weakness for all things naughty and delicious - cheesecakes, cookies, puddings, ice cream, pizzas, cakes you name it. We'll sit and scoff it. Really got to stop having any of it in the house - if it's here we'll devour it!

I know we 'just' need to eat smaller portions of more nutritious and lower-podge food and get one's wobbly arse moving about more. But my willpower and steely determination is just so wavery and feeble :rolleyes:

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we 'just' need to eat smaller portions of more nutritious and lower-podge food and get one's wobbly arse moving about more. But my willpower and steely determination is just so wavery and feeble :rolleyes:

Same here. If we have it in the house then we will scoff the lot of it. Lot of my students gave me chocolates for Christmas and I shared them around in the lessons because there is no way I can bring them home - I'd just eat the lot in one go instead of eating a proper meal.

Same here. If we have it in the house then we will scoff the lot of it. Lot of my students gave me chocolates for Christmas and I shared them around in the lessons because there is no way I can bring them home - I'd just eat the lot in one go instead of eating a proper meal.

We can't buy multipacks or 2 for 1's or any such value purchases. In our house it's a case of 'buy in bulk, eat in bulk' :rolleyes: :laugh:

Me too! Put on over a stone since quitting in October :mecry: I have to get it back off again as I can't afford to buy another load of clothes! :rolleyes:

But, i only stopped smoking 6 weeks ago :ohmy: I cannot put anymore on. I always thought i had no willpower but, i've managed to stop smoking so, i guess it was just an excuse.

I need to borrow someone's dog. One who likes lots of long walks. Angel's too old and wonky, and Ozzy isn't allowed anymore than 2 x 15 minute walks a day. Any offers? :unsure:laugh:

Wendy you look incredible!

My mum has offered to pay for hubby and me to do the cambridge diet for 2 months to get us off to a head start.

How long did you need to be on it? And how did you get yourself back onto normal food?

With the smoking, if it makes you feel any better, I found giving up smoking much easier than losing weight (hence why I'm still fat but no longer smoke!)

Wendy you look absolutley stunning :flowers:

I lost just under two stone earlier this year from 13 st 2lb to 11.6 however now I'm expecting again it's all on hold. Having said that I can only keep fresh tomatoes, brown bread and fresh orange juice down so who knows :rolleyes:

Wendy you look incredible!

My mum has offered to pay for hubby and me to do the cambridge diet for 2 months to get us off to a head start.

How long did you need to be on it? And how did you get yourself back onto normal food?

With the smoking, if it makes you feel any better, I found giving up smoking much easier than losing weight (hence why I'm still fat but no longer smoke!)

Cambridge isn't that expensive when you consider that you don't eat any other food. The packs range from £1.65 to £1.90 for the foodbars and women have 3 a day and men have 4. You have your packs each day and a minimum of 2.5litres of water. I've been on it since April although I have had weekends where I've eaten food so that does slow it down a bit. Average loss tends to be about a stone a month, so it really depends on how much you want to lose.

If you want to know more, drop me a PM :flowers:

when i first started to go to my healthy club slimmingherts i lost 4 stone and a half pounds was 13 stone and 13 and a half pounds , then i gave up smoking and stop going to the group and put about 2 stone on i have since last year gone back and lost about a stone

i try to think that i am not dieting but eating healthy and i still have my treats every and more at xmas last december i lost half a pound

i will post photos later

when i first started to go to my healthy club slimmingherts i lost 4 stone and a half pounds was 13 stone and 13 and a half pounds , then i gave up smoking and stop going to the group and put about 2 stone on i have since last year gone back and lost about a stone

i try to think that i am not dieting but eating healthy and i still have my treats every and more at xmas last december i lost half a pound

i will post photos later

You are doing well! Is "slimmingherts" in Herts?

Lost a stone, gained a stone, lost a stone :rolleyes:

I'm joining a gym once I get the all clear from the Consultant as I could still do with losing another 3 stone.

Congratulations to those of you who have done so well - Wendy and Julia look amazing and are a great incentive :flowers:

I joined the gym today, i lost alot of weight a few years ago but have been VERY slack lately and its slowly creeping up again but i refuse to go up a dress size although last year i was a large 12 small 14 now im defibatly the top end of 14 and in some shops 16 so i need to get my butt in gear and hopefully just eating a little less junk and the added exercise will be all i need without a drastic diet

I will find out my BMI and % body fat on Monday when i go for my induction

I am doing quite badly at being fitter so far this holiday because I now have bad lower back pain (one of my facet joints gets all stuck every now and then) and I am waiting to see chiropractor man person so he can release it. It hurts to sit down and I can't bend so I have not been to the gym and I had to miss my ice skating yesterday. I was doing well on the food front until last night when a bag full of norty fings did find its way into our house, courtesy of a few guests who didn't eat any of it and now I am chomping it cos I am boored and in a moood about ice skating.

Back to posts by other people who are doing very well :flowers: