UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Black Dog - New Foster

Tilly1712

On Sunday we are going to fetch Black Dog, one of the oldie greyhounds in this post

He's coming on a foster placement and I can't wait to spoil him, after all that time in a kennel I think he deserves some home comforts :wub:

The name Black Dog isn't very flattering though, so Swiss Valley Rescue have given me permission to rename him. Any suggestions please :unsure: ? I'm not good at picking names so would love some help :flowers:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sirius Black: His first name is the "Dog Star," brightest in the Canis Major (Great Dog) constellation. There are at least two three stars in the Sirius system, and the brightest is Sirius A; it is 10 times brighter than our sun. This star was given god status among the ancient Egyptians and later the Greeks. The dog represented by the constellation was the faithful companion to Orion the hunter, who also is a constellation. Appropriate for a wizard who can transform into a dog. Black suggests the dark nature that wizards unaware of Sirius' innocence assign to him. It also could suggest "black dog," the form he takes when his uses his skill as an Animagus. :biggrin:

Or "Parker" because thats my Black Dogs name and........ I love it and Him loads :rolleyes: :biggrin: :laugh:

:squeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal:

I'm so pleased you're fostering one of them. Congratulations :circle: I haven't stopping thinking about them since I PM'd you. I really wish I was able to help. Do the other two have foster placements now?

I think he needs a respectable name for an elderly gent but he does look rather cheeky and spritely. I'm stumped! Just lately, my naming motor has conked out and I'm letting myself down badly :huh:

Loving all the names so far, the gaelic translations are brill :biggrin:

Particularly like Parker though :wub:

Kelly - I think Treasure is staying permanently with one of the ladies who works there, but Winnie is still looking :unsure: . She's indoors though I believe, not in kennels.

Oooo keep the names coming, they're great.

Kelly - I think Treasure is staying permanently with one of the ladies who works there, but Winnie is still looking :unsure: . She's indoors though I believe, not in kennels.

I've just looked at their website. Poor babies but at least they are warm, fed and stimulated.

I'd really like to help foster an oldie greyhound so I'll be with you in spirit (if you don't mind, that is!) :flowers:

I am just more pleased than I can say that Black Dog is coming to you, Tracey. These three have been in my mind since I first saw them, I'd have loved to be able to foster one myself.

How about Dolan, which means 'black haired'?

Edited by Fee