UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Spare A Thought......

Kaos

I know the majority of people are very busy, and broke at this time of year, but can I just ask that everyone makes a special effort to think of the rescues, and in particular, the rescuers during the coming few weeks?

While we're all gearing up for the festivities (or not, for the Bah Humbugs) :wink: the people who work soooo hard all year round to help our furry friends, get to work even harder 'cause there are fewer foster homes available, less money, and more animals being dumped and abused.

So, while you're sitting there with your glass of wine, meths, cocoa, whatever, spare a thought for them, and if you find yourself twiddling your thumbs or with a couple of squids left in your pocket at the end of the day, pop down to your local rescue, lend a hand for an hour, and stick the pennies in a collection tin (or Paypal it to them).

I'll bet it'll be one of the best Christmas pressies they receive! :)

I absolutely second this. I've started walking the dogs at my local rescue and already they are filling up for Christmas. As they won't rehome during the festive season, yet continue to take in needy dogs, they fill up fast and need all the help they can get.

For me, it's extra doggy cuddles so we all win :biggrin: