UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Lymphoma

Wendbert

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im so sorry wendy :GroupHug:

my first bulldog was diagnosed with lymphoma he was a rescue and was supposedly castrated (turned out he was undescended and a hermaphrodite) he got a lump in his groin and went in for it to be removed they found two testicles and an ovary high up near his belly, they were removed but one testicle was huge and cancerous.

within about a month he got a lump in his shoulder which was an enlarged lymph gland this was also removed and chemo suggested, we tried but it just made my boy real sick so we discontinued the treatment and just used prednisolone unfotunately this all happened within 3 months and we lost him. but we dont know how long it had been festering before that and the ovary they found was producing hormones so may have aggravated the situation.

I'm so sorry Wendy, I have no advice to offer.

All I can remember with Archie who had osteosarcoma, is the heaviness of my heart, and yet he wasnt aware how sick he was.

Thats probably a good thing, and may help him through whichever option you choose.

I'm thinking of you both.

Hi Wendy

Aly's sister here. Candy, our GSD was diagnosed with malignant lymphoma. I understand how you must be feeling. Numb, shocked, scared, and wanting to know more.

We went down the route of chemo for Candy. It was a rollercoaster ride so be prepared for that. Enjoy everyday and be there for him. I would spend many many hours just sitting and talking to candy. It helped us both.

Be strong and take care of yourself.

Jo

Thank you for all the replies :flowers: Especially from everyone who has shared their own experiences :GroupHug:

I'm going to make an appointment to see the vet this week and try and find out as much as I can, and what our options are and where we go from here. It's not really sunk in properly yet, especially as Bumpy in himself is fine - happy and waggy and looking in perfect health :wub:

Thank you for all the replies :flowers: Especially from everyone who has shared their own experiences :GroupHug:

I'm going to make an appointment to see the vet this week and try and find out as much as I can, and what our options are and where we go from here. It's not really sunk in properly yet, especially as Bumpy in himself is fine - happy and waggy and looking in perfect health :wub:

I think that that is the main thing to keep in mind Wendy: according to Bumpy all is well in his world :) I'd be interested to hear what type of lymphoma he has; Malcolm is absolutely fine, if anything he's got more energy since I've adjusted his diet. You'd never guess that he has lymphoma, and I'm aiming to keep it that way for as long as possible :)

i lost Lara my greyhound to Lymphoma in july this year she was diagnosed in december last year and we decided on chemo, she had no side effects at all except the usual low white cell count which is what chemo does. she lived happily for 7 months then came out of remision and we lost her very quickly, i wouldnt change what we did she enjoyed her last few months and even holidayed at the easter looking really well. a firneds dog was diagnosed and started treatment at the same time as Lara and is in complete remission now which so far is 11 months. anna.x.