UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Jeremy Kyle And The Type

riley

So,

Is it harmless entertainment? Does it help its guests or as it was recently judged is it just a modern form of bear baiting?

Do you watch it?

How does it compare to, say for example, Heat magazine in that it makes a spectacle of some for the enjoyment of others?

Edited by riley

I find it disgusting. He is always looking for somebody to blame and turns the whole audience against that person.

I just don't know why anybody would want to be on his program :wacko:

I don't watch programs like that nor read magazines that use the same tactics, in fact, I don't read magazines at all.

So is it the 'car crash' mentality that keep him on our screens? The slow down for a good look at anothers misfortune that keeps him going? Do you think that people watch it and feel a sense of self worth from it? Do you think it gives people a sense of perverse satisfaction to look at those less fortune than themselves and form a comparison?

I don't watch them but I have seen the odd episodes and its just mind boggling, why you'd want to go on there? Why you'd want to watch it? Why you'd want to be in the auidence? Why anything about it?? :wacko: Cringe TV!!! Its awful. I used to work with a woman who went on the Trisha show her sister ran off with her husband and had a load of kids together. Tragic and I'd be pretty pizzed if it happened to me but to go on TV and tell the whole country about it :wacko: I just don't get it!!

Seems to be an unending supply of poor souls/feckless eejits who don't know/care they're being used for the entertainment of others in shows like this. I guess it makes other folk feel superior? Kyle is a sanctimonious prig - choosing my words carefully here - who's messing with people's lives. Who the hell is he after all?

"It's My Show!" - gee, that's something to be proud of. :rolleyes:

i find him to be very argumentative and confrontational with his guests, shouting at them this is MY show not yours is hardly a constructive chat show, is it :unsure: i get the immpression most of his guests are actors

No they're not actors.One of the families I work with were on there about a year or so ago and another is on very shortly.Been filmed recently but it's not aired yet.I think it's one of the DNA shows.First family found him an obnoxious and very unhelpful twonk and the bloke who hadn't drunk for about a month went straight out and got totally pizzed after the show.Second ones have found it's helped them and thought he was ok.

Absolutely stomach churning.

Its terrible towatch someone elses misfortune and realise thier life is worse than mine....

Oops its on now..................................................................................................................................................................................... bye