UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Chance Davis

jacqui d

Its been quite some time now since Chance left my side, his original thread is "elsewhere" on the web, but i didn’t want him to be forgotten so have taken the liberty of copying my posts for him to post here so i can re read my thoughts now and then

:flowers:

2nd March 2003

YOU HAVE TO BE A DOG LOVER

TO REALY UNDERSTAND

THAT WHEN THEY LEAVE YOU FOR THE BRIDGE

YOU NEED MORE THAN A HELPING HAND

MY OLD BOY TYS LEFT ME THAT DAY

THE VET SAID IT WAS HIS TIME

BUT THOUGH I CANNOT SEE HIM

HIS LOVE WOULD ALWAYS BE MINE

14 YEARS HE GAVE TO ME

FULL OF LOVE AND LOYALTY

I ADDED THAT, NO OTHER DOG,

WOULD EVER LIVE WITH ME

FOUR MONTHS IT TOOK BEFORE I FOUND

DOGPAGES ON THE WEB

I THOUGHT ID HAVE JUST ONE QUICK LOOK

BEFORE I GO TO BED

SOME THINGS HAVE A WAY OF TAKING YOU BY CHANCE

THE WAY DOGPAGES DID WITH ME AFTER JUST ONE GLANCE

ALL THOSE LITTLE DOGS IN NEED

WAS A MESSAGE I HAD TO HEED

HOPE2HELP THE TITLE SAID

HELP, THATS WHAT I NEED

A DOG TO FILL THE ENDLESS VOID

THAT TYS HAS LEFT WITH ME

TO HEAL THIS BROKEN HEART OF MINE TO GIVE ME EXTRA TIME

AS THEY SAY TIME IS THE HEALER

EVEN FOR A SHATTERED HEART

ONE THAT WAS TORN IN TWO

THE DAY WE HAD TO PART.

I KNOW I CRIED WHEN I SPOKE TO HER

I REALY DIDNT MEAN

TO OFFLOAD ALL MY TROUBLES

ON A LADY ID NEVER SEEN

BUT LAURIE WAS AN ANGEL

INVITED ME TO COME

MEET ALL HER LITTLE BABIES

IN A PLACE ID NEVER BEEN

I CANT REMEMBER MUCH OF THE JOURNEY

OR THE ARRIVAL COME TO THINK

LAURIE WAS SO KIND TO ME

COME,LETS GO TO THE PUPPIES AND SEE

IT WOULD BE BY CHANCE I SAID

THAT ANOTHER WOULD TAKE MY HEART AGAIN

SO THIS LITTLE BOY,RIGHT HERE IN MY ARMS

WILL BE MY SECOND CHANCE YOU`LL SEE

OH FOR THE SMELL OF PUPPY BREATH

THE PUDDLES ON THE FLOOR

THOSE LITTLE EYES ADORINGLY

ALWAYS ASKING ME FOR MORE

A PIECE OF MY HEART I WOULD GIVE TO HIM

AS I HELD HIM CLOSE TO ME

THIS LOVE WILL LAST FOREVER

JUST YOU WAIT AND SEE

A LITTLE MORE LOVE......AND THEN SOME MORE

HE HAD CAPTURED MY HEART IN ALL

THE LITTLE BOY WHO ONCE WAS SMALL

IS NOW SO BIG AND TALL

MY LIFE WAS FULL OF JOY AGAIN

AS ONLY A DOGLOVER KNOWS

FOR THE LOVE MY PUPPY GAVE TO ME

IN MY HEART IT GROWS AND GROWS

MY CHANCE HAD TURNED MY HEART AROUND

AROUND HIS PAW WITH LOVE I WAS BOUND

I EVEN ADOPTED ANOTHER

A BROTHER FOR MY BOY

TWO PUPPIES NOW,DOUBLE THE LOVE AND JOY

TOO WATCH THEM GROW SLEEPING SIDE BY SIDE

AS MY HEART IT SWELLED WITH PRIDE

FOUR SEVEN MONTHS HE STAYED WITH ME

THEN THE MASTER SAID ENOUGH

HE`S BROUGHT YOU JOY AND HAPPINESS

THIS TIME I MUST BE TOUGH

I NEED YOUR BOY AT THE BRIDGE WITH ME

THERES WORK HE NEEDS TO DO

HE TOOK HIM IN THE FASTEST WAY

I HELD HIM AS HE LEFT

MY HEART THIS TIME NOT BROKEN

BUT SHATTERED,NOTHING LEFT

I HELD HIM TIGHT AND BEGGED HIM

PLEASE STAY HERE WITH ME

YOUR NOT AN ETERNAL PUPPY

YOUR MEANT TO GROW OLD WITH ME

PLEASE DEAR LORD DONT TAKE HIM

PLEASE LEAVE HIM HERE WITH ME

THERES LOTS OF THINGS THAT I CAN CHANGE

LEAVE HIM AND YOU`LL SEE

MY CHANCE HAS GONE TO HEAVEN

AND IM LEFT HERE ALL ALONE

BUT FOR THE LOVE HIS BROTHER SHOWS

THAT, BY DAY IT GROWS

HE`S TAKEN CHANCES SPIRIT

IN ONE DOG,I HAVE TWO

BUT IN MY HEART AN ACHING LIES

MY WOUNDS SO VERY DEEP

IT CUTS RIGHT IN TO MY HEART YOU SEE

AS ITS WHERE MY CHANCE SHOULD BE

I KNOW HES LOOKING DOWN ON ME

WITH TYS AND ALL THE REST

ONLY THE GOOD HAVE WORK TO DO

AND MY CHANCE IS THE VERY BEST

HES UP THERE DOING GODS WORK NOW

HELPING OTHERS IN DESPERATE NEED

THE ONES WHO FIND DOGPAGES

WHO READ THE MESSAGES AND HEED

THERE ARE LOTS OF DOGS OUT THERE YOU SEE

WITH HEARTS SO FULL OF LOVE

THEY`VE BEEN SENT TO US TO SHARE IT

FROM THE MASTER UP ABOVE.

SO IF YOU SEE A SAD FACE

IN A KENNEL LOOKING LOST

WHY NOT TAKE HIM HOME WITH YOU

DONT PASS HIM WITHOUT A GLANCE

FOR IN THAT KENNEL SITS MY BOY

AND JUST MAYBE..........YOUR SECOND CHANCE

chance%20and%20merlin.jpg

3rd December 2004

hello my sweet boy, today is Charis' 14th birthday, its been a while since she last saw you but you are always in her thoughts, she can say your name now without sorrow, guilt or tears, you would be proud of her, some of her friends from junior school still visit and ask where you have gone, but she can tell them now and doesn’t cry, she knows you sent Foster to us to heal her broken heart, Charis understands now, it took a while, but with age, maturity and understanding have followed.

i wont keep you long my boy, i know you are busy, His work has to be done, i understand that, as does Charis, but i wanted you to know that the love is still here for you, it always will be, and Charis carries all the love with her, she will go on to be a great ambassador for the rescue dogs like you because of the lessons you taught her.

be good my boy, play well and enjoy those biscuits.

mummy

x

When dogs go to Heaven, they don't need wings because God knows that dogs love running best. He gives them fields. Fields and fields and fields.

When a dog first arrives in Heaven, he just runs. Dog Heaven has clear, wide lakes filled with geese who honk and flap and tease. The dogs love this. They run beside the water and bark and bark and God watches them from behind a tree and smiles.

And, oh, the dog biscuits. Biscuits and biscuits are as far as the eye can see. God has a sense of humor, so he makes his biscuits in funny shapes for his dogs. Every angel who passes by has a biscuit for a dog. Every dog becomes a good dog in Dog Heaven.

God turns clouds inside out to make fluffy beds for the dogs in Dog Heaven, and when they are tired from running and barking and eating ham sandwiches and biscuits, the dogs each find a cloud bed for sleeping.

Dogs in Dog Heaven have almost always belonged to somebody on Earth and of course, the dogs remember this. Heaven is full of memories. So sometimes an angel will walk a dog back to Earth for a little visit and quietly, invisibly, the dog will sniff about his old backyard, will investigate the cat next door, will follow the child to school, will sit on the front porch and wait for the mail. When he is satisfied that all is well, the

dog will return to Heaven with the angel.

The dogs in Dog Heaven who had no real homes on Earth are given one in Heaven. The homes have yards and porches and there are couches to lie on and tables to sit under while the angels eat their dinners. There are special bowls with the dogs' names on them. And each dog is petted and reminded how good he is, all

day long.

Dogs in Dog Heaven may stay as long as they like and this can mean forever. They will be there when old friends show up.

They will be there at the door. Angel Dogs.

24th December 2004

Christmas wishes boy, I wont forget

In the silent Christmas morning

my heart begins to ache

as feelings from the day you left

dawn slowly with daybreak.

I say a prayer of grateful thanks

for the life that I've been blessed

and ask for strength so that I might

through pain find happiness.

God sent you as a present

though not received on Christmas day,

a gift of paws that reached down deep

and stole my heart away.

Tears are part of healing,

each one shed will ease the pain,

so that memories will come to mind

in a most dynamic, ardent way.

I doubt that you would want me

to spend this day in tears.

I know you'd rather see me smile

as from atop a cloud you peer.

Though a time or two I've lost my way

since the Keeper called you Home,

now faith restored by angel paws

will never come undone.

A loving aura fills the sky

as you rest on clouds of fleece,

and angels gently tuck you in,

may you sleep in heavenly peace.

20th January 2005

hello boy,

mum bothering you again, two years now have passed since you left my side in bodily form, two Christmas holidays, two birthdays, two of everything, and yet, here we are, still the two of us beside each other every step of the way, wont let you be forgotten boy

God promised at the birth of time, a special friend to give, his time on earth is short, he said, so love him while he lives.

It may be six or seven years, or twelve or then sixteen, but will you, till I call him back, take care of him for

me?

A wagging tail and cold wet nose, and silken velvet ears, a heart as big as all outdoors, to love you through the

years.

His puppy ways will gladden you, and antics bring a smile, as guardian or friend he will, be loyal all the while.

He'll bring his charms to grace your life, and though his stay be brief, when he's gone the memories, are solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth return, but lessons only a dog can teach, I want you each

to learn.

Whatever love you give to him, returns in triple measure, follow his lead and gain a life, brim full of simple

pleasure.

Enjoy each day as it comes, allow your heart to guide, be loyal and steadfast in love, as the dog there by your side.

Now will you give him all your love, nor think the labour vain, nor hate me when I come to call, to take him

back again?

I fancy each of us would say, "Dear Lord, thy will be done, for all the joy this day shall bring, the risk of grief we'll run."

"We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may, and for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay."

"But shall the angels call for him, much sooner than we've planned, we'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand

16th April 2005

here we are again my sweet angel boy, one hour from now will be your 3rd birthday, if only you and i had realised at the start how far we would have come together in spirit and achievement, you brought me so much, taught me so much and gave me so much in your too short time on this earth, but i know you still guide me and i celebrate your life in angel spirit today as sure as i would if I could still run my hands through your silken fur when you were beside me.

wait for me baby boy

HOLES IN YOUR HEART

As they leave for the Rainbow Bridge,

they leave another hole in our heart.

We have so many ways of dealing with

our time apart.

As their little souls leave their

Fur baby body so it can stay

Their journey begins to the

Rainbow Bridge far away

They shall begin the search for others

that left us alone before they came

They all become a family and start

the wait together with no shame

Each and every one has a special place

in our hearts where they left their own

little hole

Each and everyone had their own part they

played in our life and their own special role

For those left behind some have many holes,

for some the holes are few All have sorrow

in their hearts, but all loved them true.

I know my heart is full of many holes

for those that have already gone ahead

It will be full of many more holes as

I can't leave a fur baby alone and unfed

In your life you will have a special one

that becomes your soul and one will be

your heart

Then your journey will begin to join them

all and refill all the holes in your heart

love mum

xx

16th April 2006

Dear Chance

A few more hours to go boy and 17th April 2006 will be here, your 4th birthday, yet another you will be celebrating without me at the bridge.

Please know I haven’t forgotten you, know that your name still brings as many tears as it does smiles, know too, that my heartache of losing you equals the heart full of love i carry for you.

Play well at the bridge my Angel Boy, guide the young ones who arrive new to the bridge to wait for their mums and dads and wait for me until the time comes that we are together in body again.

I still feel you beside me when i need you most and see you through tear filled eyes when my mind takes me to memory lane and reminds me of how life was when i could feel your silky fur snuggled up nest to me.

The boys, Merlin and Foster, are your ambassadors Chance, through them, you live on, and tomorrow, they will send silent birthday wishes to their Bridge Brother.

Happy Birthday Boy

My body is gone but I'm always near.

I'm everything you feel, see or hear.

My spirit is free, but I'll never depart

as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-

I'm the brightest star on a summer night.

I'll never be beyond your reach-

I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colourful leaves when fall comes around

and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.

I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,

The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,

The first warm raindrop that April will bring.

I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,

and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,

you can talk to me through the Lord above you.

I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,

and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep

and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.

I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.

Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

7th October 2006

Sat thinking about this and that today, I wondered, if dogs could write, what would mine write to me in the way of a letter, so put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, as you do) and penned the letter that I would like to receive if it were possible from my boy Chance.

Hope no one minds,, but I thought Id share it with you all.

Letter Received From Rainbow Bridge Delivered By Love

Well hello Mum,

Im here, Im safe, and Im very, very happy!

Im telling you this first because I know its how I feel thats most important to you, so, with that out of the way, dry your tears Mum ( I know you, and I know you are crying now) because theres a few things I want to tell you.

Its been quite a while since we last saw each other isnt it, nearly four years in your time has passed by, but Ive been beside you every step Mum, Ive wagged my tail beside you when you laughed and lay my head on your lap to catch your tears and comfort you when you cried, I know some times you felt me there,He allowed you to feel me at those times because thats when you needed me most.

I havent forgotten, not one single moment of my time with you, I remember the day you came to collect me, I remember how you cried then too as I snuggled in to you and you heard my puppy sighs.

The journey home was fun, Dad drove slow and carefully so that I didnt upset my tummy on my first trip in the car, Oh and how I remember my girls, how they laughed and cried when they saw me, you hadnt told them I was coming home, they thought no other dog would take the place of Tys who had left you only months before, even my big human boy was happy and Granny and Grandad came to visit too, I knew then I must be a very special dog to be part of such a family.

Did I mention Tys is here beside me, Sally and Oscar too, they all said to send you waggy tails and great big slobby kisses, Mum, you would love it here, we are all so young and happy, the fields go on forever, the sun shines all day long and you need to know Mum, there is no pain any more, no old age, no sadness, no hunger, its a nice place Mum, but not as nice as home, and not as nice without you.

I remember the day I left you, Im sorry it happened that way, I know you wanted me to stay until my old age, but, that just wasnt meant to be, sometimes He calls us to him early, the reason will soon become clear, but, for now Mum, I just need you to know, I felt no pain and I know you held me as I took my last breath, I felt you comfort me, for that Mum, for every day of happiness you gave me, I thank you Mum.

I need you to understand Mum, that He gives us to man kind on loan,He says he sends us down to earth to befriend and protect you all, but in return, a few of us, must suffer at mans hand, and that those who do suffer do so, knowing one day they shall be saved and travel back to Him again and forget all pain they knew.

I never knew any pain Mum, I never knew hunger or cold, loneliness is not a feeling Ive ever known, thanks to you Mum, all I have ever known is love, Thank you Mum.

Others arent so lucky, one particularly so, he felt the abuse that man could give, and knew an empty stomach, born in pain with crippled bones, passed on from man to man,He watched his plight from up above and decided something must be done.

You see thats why Hetook me Mum, thats why I had to leave, I came back to Him knowing all and love and memories in between, and in doing so Mum, I left a gap that I knew that you would fill, and in my place now lies a dog, who suffered so much hurt, but now, thanks to you Mum, knows love, warmth, food and fun.

So you see Mum, though it doesnt feel fair, or right or even nice, us dogs, we come with reason and its with reasons that we leave, my reason for finding you was to fill your life with love and for leaving you, was to let you share that love with another in desperate need.

I know your new tears are ones of happiness now Mum, as you finally understand, Ive never really left you, Im with you every day, for as each dog is called back to Him and another one comes to stay, we leave all our love behind.

You named me well Mum, I am your Chance as you were mine and will be for every dog who shares their life with you, I am, as you said, forever in your heart and with you always in spirit.

Love You Mum,

Chance

Chance Davis

April 2002 January 2003

24TH December 2006

Merry Christmas My Eternal Bridge Baby.

We Have A Secret

We have a secret, you and I

that no one else shall know,

for who but I can see you lie

each night in fire glow?

And who but I can reach my hand

before we go to bed

and feel the living warmth of you

and touch your silken head?

And only I walk woodland paths

and see ahead of me,

your small form racing with the wind

so young again, and free.

And only I can see you swim

in every brook I pass

and when I call, no one but I

can see the bending grass.

I miss You Chance

17th January 2007

Fours years today that you were taken from me Boy, four years of missing you, four years of regret, heat break and wishing time could have stood still to keep us together.

I miss you Chance.

Sunlight streams through window pane

unto a spot on the floor....

then I remember,

it's where you used to lie,

but now you are no more.

Our feet walk down a hall of carpet,

and muted echoes sound....

then I remember,

It's where your paws would joyously abound.

A voice is heard along the road,

and up beyond the hill,

then I remember it can't be yours....

your golden voice is still.

But I'll take that vacant spot of floor

and empty muted hall

and lay them with the absent voice

and unused dish along the wall.

I'll wrap these treasured memorials

in a blanket of my love

and keep them for my best friend

until we meet above.