UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Can I Brag A Little Please?

K9Fran

As some of you know, I'm a tutor with Gwen Baileys Puppy School, and tutors have a 6 part course presented by Gwen over a 3 year period covering a wide range of dog behaviour 'issues'.

Today's was the start of part 5 - Agression to humans, and I am allowed to take Missy as this is one of her two 'issues' (the other being dog to dog agression, mostly handbags, but not something you want to be dealing with every time you walk your dog).

Anyway...... as part of the mental stimulation for the dogs who are attending, we held a little competition today, to find out how well our dogs are trained. It consisted of a variety of challenges, such as asking your dog to sit when it was behind you, a chase recall (we did an emergency stop/down as she doesnt' chase anything except other dogs), retreiving three different objects (a fluffy duck on a rope, a solid rubber ball and a set of keys), a recall across a circle of other dogs, a figure of 8 walked with the dog to heel off lead plus one other which I've completely forgotten!!

And Missy and I were joint 1st!!!!!

I'm chuffed to bits, especially as I've only just started to train a 'close' or walking to heel off lead command, and she did her best every emergency stop :)

That's fab - well done to you and Missy :flowers: :partytime:

Do we get to see photos of your lovely girl?

But ofcourse you get piccies.

Here she is with her Big Sister Bonnie (aged 15, in the middle) and 'Little Bruv Barney' aged 11 months (he's on the right)

image-upload-40-798995.jpg

Well done to you :flowers:

Can I ask what "Little brother Barney" :wub: is because he looks a lot like my Eddie ?

Barney is a pure bred :biggrin: Labradoodle (and I have the papers to prove it :biggrin: ). He came to me after his owners realised that shutting him out until he was 10 months old was not going to teach him not to playbite, and by the time he'd got to that age, the two small children in the house were getting bowled over with increasing frequency :(