UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Newbie Alert

Peachy

Hello everyone

I'm new here. Someone told me that some people from DP has sneaked in here so thought I'd give it a try and it seems very nice too!

I'm Kelly, I live in Oxfordshire with my two beautiful hounds, Pixie (9 year old girlie greyhound) and Alfie (7ish year old lurcher). I also have three cats, one of which is deaf as a post. All of the family are rescue and through various means.

Until recently, I had an 11 year old greyhound boy, Reggie, but lost him to bone cancer. :mecry: To stay in line with his legacy, I'm hoping to find another boy who really needs a forever home. Ideally he'd be a black greyhound with some issues that makes him unwanted by other people. I want the dog that nobody else wants. Who said perfect is fun anyway? I have my 'feelers' out for a hound in Essex who is as unwanted as they come and I'm waiting to hear more. :wacko:

I also have a pond that I've put in my garden fairly recently, especially for the resident frogs and toads so they can hang out there too. And my goodness, they've found friends of friends of friends to come and stay! :rolleyes:

And as if I wasn't busy enough, I got flooded in July along with plenty of other people in Oxfordshire, so I'm half living in a caravan on my driveway and half in the upstairs of my house. I'm pleased to say that the builders are working like little soldiers and I should be back inside properly in around a week. Not a moment too soon with the weather on the turn!

Anyway, that's me for now. I look forward to chatting to you all some more really soon :) :)

Kelly x

Claire!!!!!!!!!! Hi!!! :flowers: Long time, no message and all that! How's things?

Complicated?! See this link for the background: http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?show...515&hl=news

Things have moved on a lot and we'll both be out of here soon. I'm moving to Northampton (so feel free to whizz over for a coffee). Gary is taking Shadow and Jack, I'm having Sky & Guinness. I need to find a new job and have fortunately found a new man :wub: Life is messy, stressy, but the future is bright :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...