UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Where Is It

Laurel n Hardy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother has a friend who works on the filming. Apprently ALOT more training goes on than is shown, he says its a shame they can't show exactly what amount of work goes into it. I'd love to take Tiz for them to help me sort out! I was in tears last night watching the rottie x, they obviously loved him alot and it was amazing to see the change.

Did anyone else notice the collars on the dogs this week? What were they? spray collars? nothing was said about them - but when each dog was wearing one, a collar with a little box thingy on?

Yeah I did notice them, wander if they had been having a bark off in the kennels so they'd put them on? Or unless they were tracers incase they got off lead? Looking at those owners it's lightly they had a escapes during the week??? :laugh:

Somewhere near Suffolk at an old airfield I think. :unsure: I may be wrong though.

Kazz xx

The Mastiff X Rottie was walking to heel perfectly after training. What a difference in that doglet. :wub:

Kazz xx

My brother has a friend who works on the filming. Apprently ALOT more training goes on than is shown, he says its a shame they can't show exactly what amount of work goes into it. I'd love to take Tiz for them to help me sort out! I was in tears last night watching the rottie x, they obviously loved him alot and it was amazing to see the change.

Kazz, I thought you'd like, wasn't he just adorable :wub:

Jackie - apply for next series with Tiz, do you have to send a film in of the behavour ???

I'd love to take Tiz for them to help me sort out!

Would you really? I hate it - they use so many adversive measures (like rattle bottles, water sprays, shouting) where I think positive reinforcement would work so much better. I wouldn't let any of them anywhere near any dog of mine. I'm in tears every time because of what they're doing. No way would I let anyone put any sort of shock / spray collar on Riley.

The chicken dog last night could have been a fantastic example of what rewarding calm behaviour and reducing the distance gradually can do - but no we had lots of shouting No instead. So many of their dogs seem (to my eyes) to have fear issues - suppressing them expressing that fear really bothers me. As the ex-owner of a very fear agressive dog I know he was disciplined by shouting / physical intervention in a former home - and I'm sure that's what escalated his problems and made him attack without warning.

I feel there is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes. They must cut so much out to fit it all into an hour slot.

It isn't really fair on any of the trainers in my opinion. :(

How can anyone judge anything on part of a story if that makes sense. :unsure: Just my thoughts. Also the disclaimer is only on for a split second.

Kazz xx

Did anyone else notice the collars on the dogs this week? What were they? spray collars? nothing was said about them - but when each dog was wearing one, a collar with a little box thingy on?

I'm wondering if they are the collars they use for deaf doglets to bring attention back. Basically they just vibrate slightly. :unsure:

I'm sure someone may know.

Kazz xx