UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Learning To Drive - Need To Boost My Confidence

ReikiAnge

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time I joined in this thread I think! After years and years of saying 'I must make the effort this year' I have finally plucked up the courage to book my first lesson! Am now 40 so is not before time!

Am absolutely terrified at the prospect so lots of positive vibes would be appreciated - lesson is booked for 2.30pm on Tuesday 27th, gulp! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
About time I joined in this thread I think! After years and years of saying 'I must make the effort this year' I have finally plucked up the courage to book my first lesson! Am now 40 so is not before time!

Am absolutely terrified at the prospect so lots of positive vibes would be appreciated - lesson is booked for 2.30pm on Tuesday 27th, gulp! :unsure:

Sorry Lisa, I only just saw this! Have you had your first lesson yet? How did it go?

I passed my test this morning. I got one driving fault. I am really pleased but also quite scared at having to go it alone now :(

Good luck to everyone else learning :GroupHug:

:elefant: :elefant: Well done Hayley, that's fab :flowers: :elefant: :elefant:

I passed my test this morning. I got one driving fault. I am really pleased but also quite scared at having to go it alone now :(

Good luck to everyone else learning :GroupHug:

Nice one!! :partytime: :partytime:

I know I was a tad worried, after just passing my test, when I realised I was now deemed fit to drive on my own :ohmy: Just take it easy, and maybe take someone with you who is a good and calm driver themselves - or do what one of my friends did and get a car and belt it up the motorway to uni the day after (she survived and so did everyone else who was on the same road that day :wink:)

Thank you very much everyone :GroupHug:

I have driven locally today - was going to go on my own but it made more sense for OH to come along (some heavy lifting was involved :laugh: ).

It was funny because I got in the car and was waiting for him to join me before I reversed off the drive - then I remembered that I don't legally have to have him accompanying me anymore so I did it on my own.

All in all I had a good drive except the bay park which would have cost me my 'pass' if I'd have done it that bad yesterday :unsure:

Still loving it after lesson number 3! I must admit the thought of finally giving it a try terrified me but now I really do wish I had not wasted all these years. I know they often say it is harder to learn as you get older but I am finding that the fact I am older means I have much more self confidence than the average teenager and that really helps.

Reached the dizzy heights of 50mph today which was great! Have also been working on 3 point turns and parallel parking which is not as tricky as it sounds when you actually try it. Still got a long way to go to get everything more co-ordinated (I tend to forget what to do with my feet when steering lol and vice versa) but can quite clearly see that I am progressing with each lesson. Is masses to take it but little bits suddenly seem to click into place and I am determined to succeed so will stick with it for as long as it takes.

Was a great thrill to drop myself off at work after todays lesson as well!

For anyone trying to pluck up the courage - find a good instructor who makes it fun and take the plunge! I am honesly loving every minute of it. :)