UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Video Promoting Ex-racers As Pets.

Rachelpirate

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a photo of Ollie 11 years old (ex racer) had 8 pups when she was 6 then dumped, spent 2 years in kennels until we rescued her - had no idea how to behave like a doggie and yet is the most wonderful doggie and the best thing we ever did. She too spends almost 23 hours lying down and its rare to get one of her standing up. We rescued a Staffie last November (Cash aged 15) and they loved each other to bits. Ollie and Cash helped two small children overcome their fear of dogs (inherited from their mother) last Christmas and it was a wonderful moment to participate in.

OllieSophieplay081.jpg

OllieSophieplay005.jpg

Pentax1stbase023-1.jpg

Pentax1stbase120-1.jpg

This is Tramp, who was peeled off of the bathroom floor of an empty house on Boxing Day 2003 very close to death and brought to us. On further investigation from his tattoo, he was only 8 months old at the time of this photo with me holding him.

(posted as link as may be disturbing to some)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/ruffdogs/DayOne.jpg

He weighed just a very shocking 8kg, was severely scalded by urine & faeces and his mouth was so dry his lips had to be painfully peeled from his rotten teeth. When he was found his finder actually thought he was already dead. He only just managed to stand for the couple of minutes it took to take the photo, he otherwise had to be carried or lifted on a stretcher.

He could not walk for 2.5 weeks, and it took 6 weeks of intensive care before he was strong enough to leave us.

This is him 3 weeks after he was found, still emaciated but clean and happier and urine burns healing well.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g77/ruff...Tramp170104.jpg

Nobody was prosecuted for the state of Tramp, despite the fact that the man who owned the property admitted knowing Tramp was inside, but denied having anything else to do with him.

And this is him another 4 weeks later, the day he left us for his new home.

Tramp1202.04.jpg

Edited by emma_pen

• 3 months later...

Probably too late to be useful for you but in the Coventry and Warwickshire area we have 7 greyhounds who are Pets as Therapy visiting dogs (ie have been temperament assessed) and I know that there are 5 more being assessed in the next few weeks..... (oh yes, and at least 2 lurchers). can dig out pics of greyhounds in PAT jackets if that helps.

• 1 month later...