UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Video Promoting Ex-racers As Pets.

Rachelpirate

You might have seen my video about BSL. If not, here it is -

Dangerous Dogs Video

I'm planning a similar thing, but to show people what good pets ex-racers can be. So I need to ask for some help collecting material. There will be a copyright message to prevent other people using your photos. :flowers:

Does anybody have -

- Photos of ex-racers in the home, either just relaxing, having fun, with children an other pets (especially cats/small dogs)?

- Non-copyright photos of abused/abandoned etc racers?

- Any facts, figures or statistics about greyhound racing that I can use in the film?

Thanks,

Rach

Oh, I should have said ex-racers or rescue Greys in general.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mollydog is an ex-racer, her racing name was I Feel Great. She had 4 not very successful races and was injured. She still limps a bit as a result of the injury, which has become arthritic. We don't know exactly how it happened. On x-ray they found the very tip of a hypodermic needle embedded in the bone of her wrist - it can't be removed, and the damage is done now.

She is a brilliant dog: gets on with everyone and everything, and can be pretty much totally relied on in any situation that doens't involve binbags :laugh: I sometimes wonder how I got so incredibly lucky with her: you could not have a more perfect pet dog.

Her father sired 4667 other recorded dogs and her mother had 29 other recorded puppies. I often wonder what happened to them all, and if they were such brilliant dogs as Mollydog, and how many of them got the chance to find out.

Use any of these you like:

buddies.jpg

tummy.jpg

tuggy.jpg

stolen.jpg

kiss.jpg

friends.jpg

catandog.jpg

bude3.jpg

meandogs.jpg

shake.jpg

Edited by cycas

Maddie & Lloyd

16dec2003001.jpg

Jasmine & Lloyd (bit fuzzy sorry).

jasminedogsdinner002.jpg

Con & Onion

various007a.jpg

Lloyd

allwinners009d.jpg

Megan (one of our bridge babes)

Meganbeautiful.jpg

I'll sort out some more, do you want them e-mailing?

Leaflets & piccies available on this thread.

http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10439

and here

http://www.greyhoundaction.co.uk/

Edited by kats n greys

Thanks! The main thing I hear from people is "I can't get a Greyhound, I have a cat/small dog." Just goes to show. :flowers:

I hear that a lot too, but to be fair, there are many rescues that won't home greyhounds with cats, so you can see why people end up thinking that.

Then you get fools like the person described to me the other day by a lab owner I met, who was surprised I had sighthounds & cats - her friend had adopted a greyhound which 'within 24 hours' of adoption, had killed her cat. Lab owner surprised and somewhat offended when I reeled in astonishment and asked why on earth friend had allowed the grey to approach the cat unmuzzled so quickly. Dog wasn't even on the lead. :angry: